chapter fifteen.

it had been an hour, and no one knew anything. the doctors are keeping quiet until they are fully sure what is wrong and what even happened. demi was struggling, she hated hospitals. the smell, especially. constantly, the girl had been to the desk hoping for information, and returning with nothing. everyone was a wreck. dianna hadn't stopped crying, along with demi. eddie was trying to stay strong for everyone but they all knew he was close to breaking point. dallas was pacing, and maddie was just hugging herself on the chair, knees to her chest. all their thoughts running wild, as they tried to not let them hit the negatives.

finally, a doctor came out the double doors, and all their heads raised hoping it was for them. the doctor started to speak. "the family of devonne lovato?"he spoke, causing all five of them to jump up and run towards him. in slight surprise, he coughed and checked his clipboard. "who is the mother of devonne?" he asked, causing dianna to raise her hand. "please, just tell us what's wrong." she said softly, her voice cracking. the doctor told them to sit down before waiting. after they did as he asked, he started to explain.

"i'm assuming you know what happened to devonne?" he spoke, causing heads to shake and so the doctor nodded, explaining. "devonne is stable. however, she lost a lot of blood. she was in a car crash. nothing wrong on devonne's part, as she was complying with all the laws, however, a car came the wrong way, hitting straight into her car bonnet. this has caused her injuries. including a cut on the head where she lost the majority of the blood, and some broken ribs. but unfortunately, when she wakes up, she will probably have no memory of the last few months." he sighed.

this caused demi's world to stop. this meant devonne could forget ever coming back to them. forget getting skye and jake back. forget everything. dallas noticed the girl's absence to the rest of the conversation, and rubbed her back softly. she wiped her sisters tears and held her close. "dems, did you hear? the doctor said there's 10 percent chance she wont forget anything" demi sighed and nodded. "but there's 90 percent chance she will" she mumbled.

it has now been a week since the doctor had given them the news about devonne. a week since demi has felt anything. a week since skye has spoken. a week since jake has smiled. telling her boyfriend and daughter was almost as hard as finding out themselves. devonne has yet to wake up, and everyone needs her. demi hardly left her hospital room, only when physically forced by her parents. jake never left her side, he refused to leave her again. skye had cried herself to sleep every night, just wanting a hug from her mom. everyone needed devonne back.

left in the room was demi and jake, while the rest had gone to get some lunch. jake stood next to the vulnerable girl, holding her hand. meanwhile demi sang softly, sat on the edge of the bed. suddenly, her heart monitor started to beep, becoming crazy. four nurses and doctors rushed into the room, gently pushing the two out of the room. the pair looked at each other with confusion and concern. both were close to tears. after around ten minutes, they were allowed back inside. they sat on the seats, allowing the doctors to check a couple things before they left them alone. devonne was sat up, a small smile on her face. "dev, baby!" jake ran up to her and hugged her gently. "what was the last thing you remember?" demi asks, jumping up and standing next to jake. devonne furrows her eyebrows and shrugs. "making up with demi, and then getting into my car to go to find her." she says softly. jake and demi sighed in relief. she remembered. skye ran in the room hearing her moms voice, and carefully jumped onto her lap. the others followed in suit behind, smiles on their faces and tears in their eyes when they saw devonne. after everyone gave hugs, the doctor walked back inside. "devonne lovato, you are special. you have no trace of memory loss at all. honestly, it's a miracle." he spoke, with a smile on his face. "lovato twins are special" both demi and devonne said, smiling at each other. "and we are the lovato twins."