Recovery

Three days, it took three days for the emperor to be declared stable. Amory was allowed to see him once. He had stepped in and saw him attached to tubes and looking so tired as he laid there. He bent down and pressed a gentle kiss to his shirt covered arm, afraid of infecting a wound.

"You need to get up and if you do that, I will come to palace with you. I promise. I won't deny you again. Open your eyes and look at me. You absolutely have to," said Amory, gently as he sat beside his emperor. It was another twenty- four hour before he was declared stable. Amory was sitting, leaning on the hospital wall. Karlo sat beside him. The fifth prince extended him a glass of water as the sixth prince, Alden forced a plate of food into his hand.

"You either eat this, or we can start feeding you," said Arik, the fifth prince.

The Zarek love language is threats. Amory cannot feel the taste of what he is eating. But he did, a little. Or, there will be hell to pay when the tantrum thrower emperor will be awake. He will be awake. He must wake up soon.

And so, when the doctors say the emperor is awake, Amory felt his soul fall back into his body. He didn't crowd the bedside. He stood behind everyone. Those eyes looked at each face and then looked for him.

"Omega, you have met the rest of your family," he said. Amory doesn't know when he reached the bedside. He forgot the watching faces.

"Next time Eri says you can't go, you can't go. Your life is not yours to throw away," said Amory, softly.

"Mm, I promise."

"They were all very upset. Had to force them to eat anything," said Amory.

"I force-fed him three slices of bread and five cups of water in the past 36 hours," said a traitorous voice from outside. Amory buried his head in the emperor's arms. To settle himself, to let the scent calm himself.

"Omega, I hear you didn't behave at all," said Raynar.

"Alpha, I will. Please get well soon," said Amory, softly, only for Raynar's ears.

"Then, eat as I watch," he mumbled. And so, the emperor consort of Elmor ate a proper meal in 36 hours as the emperor watched with unrelenting eyes. Only when he downed the second cup of tea, did the man close his eyes for a small nap. Amory is here. Then, he need not worry about his family. But who can make that stubborn omega sit down and take care if himself? The emperor knew the answer.

-------------

The next time the emperor woke up, he was in a different room. It's the royal suite in the hospital. His omega sat beside him, his head gently cradled beside him as he sat on an unforgiving chair. But he was sleeping.

"Eri"

His brother rushed in.

"Kids?"

"All are sleeping. They refused to go to palace. But they are all asleep for now."

"Maynar?"

"Erm. His omega is here. You know, he talked his ear out and dragged him off to the cafeteria," said Eri, amused.

"Sigmund and Divona here? Siyona?"

"All three are here," said Eri.

"Let them stand guard, you go sleep now," said Raynar.

"But-

"I said, go sleep," said Raynar. Eri huffed but obeyed. He looked at Sigmund, Divona and Siyona who stepped in.

"Talk in a low voice. He needs to sleep. What's going on outside?" asked Raynar, his hand resting on his omega.

"The emperor consort ordered emergency on Daler Town. Images of attackers were circulated and rewards were announced. Rounded up all of them. They were picked by the royal guards, not police. The emperor consort also asked us to take the Daler province officials into custody. They are also under custody of the royal guards," said Sigmund.