Nael

Eri raised an eyebrow as he watched Elia sulk on his birthday. Everyone else visited and wished him birthday and sent gifts in Amory's case as he wasn't travelling now.

"So, what exactly is the grudge em? Even Caspian understands," said Eri.

"They don't have to like my husband but the least they can do is value his life. They didn't care. I know Caspian is not a saint and they don't owe him anything. But they claim to love me. Is it so hard to protect the man I love?" asked Elia.

Eri looked at him.

"I went to see my alpha getting mutilated. I- Caspian Lyr is human too. He has an omega and two children, three lives that depend on him. We have our own little family. My brothers are all powerful, but they can't protect my alpha? They didn't think it is relevant till they lost connection to him. I begged and pleaded but they didn't listen. They have their families. If I lost my alpha, God forbid, the loss would have been only mine and my children's. Maybe Am would have grieved with me. No one else would care in my own extended family. My alpha is not perfect, but he is my alpha," said Elia. Eri didn't say anything at first.

"Eli, all of us want him to be well. Them too," said Eri.

Elia didn't say anything. He just let his children and alpha distract him. Caspian massaged his head and the kids were painting his nails, playing. They would plant kisses on Elia's cheek making him smile. Then a car stopped outside. It is Raynar's car. The two older brothers stepped out.

The children ran to them, they picked the children up and hugged them. Elia turned to go in. But Caspian gently placed his hand on Elia.

"Listen to them. I will take the children inside. If you don't want to see them after today, we will move," said Caspian. With a nod to the two, he took the children and stepped away.

Elia looked away.

"Happy Birthday," they said, one after the other. Elia didn't say anything.

"I was wrong. You are right that I have my biases about Caspian. But he is your alpha, my Amory's brother and a loyal courtier. I would never want to see him harmed. You are right, I didn't take it seriously till we lost touch with him. I am extremely sorry. I could have over written all the protocols before it became a necessity. I want you both to be unharmed and well. I was wrong to delay. But we want Caspian to be well too. I will forever regret this mistake. If you can find it in you, please forgive me," said Raynar.

"I dismissed your worries. It is not because we value his life any less. We didn't think he could be in grave danger, just a regular situation that he can handle. It was wrong of us. It was a mistake that will never happen again. I am sorry. Please try and forgive me," said Maynar.

Elia was silent for a minute.

"The two men who raised me have always listened to me, to my gut feelings. You dismissed me so calmly. Do you know how much it hurts? How much it hurt to see my alpha being injured? How much it hurt when the two men I expected to save the day refused to consider my husband? I know I chose my alpha. I don't regret it. I had this belief that, nothing will touch my alpha either as long as my brothers are on this earth. You proved me wrong. How should I feel? He obviously didn't expect any help but that's between you. I expected my two heroes to step in and save the day. Does it mean I can't count on you both anymore and behave like bigots who ostracize my alpha? What should I think? Tell me?" asked Elia.

"We failed you; we know. We are extremely sorry," said Raynar. Maynar took his hand.

"It will never happen again. We didn't do it intentionally," said Maynar.

Raynar touched his head. Elia started sobbing. He hugged them both tight.

"I know there are protocols. But Caspian is my alpha, I can't accept any reason," said Elia.