Track 2 - The Girl with Golden Eyes

Not long after their encounter, Rae unlocked the door to her loft apartment, a bonus that came with the place. As they stepped inside, Sixx was greeted by a hallway painted in black, an entrance into a world that was uniquely Rae's. Moving forward, they entered the living room, and Sixx was immediately struck by its rugged yet inviting atmosphere—a reflection of Rae's personal style.

The room was adorned with a collection of vinyl records and photographs, giving it a laidback and effortlessly cool vibe

The room was adorned with a collection of vinyl records and photographs, giving it a laidback and effortlessly cool vibe. But what really caught Sixx's attention was the seamless fusion of elements—rose-coloured walls, black curtains, and a black fireplace mantel—that gave the room its distinctive character.

Colourful mobiles hung suspended from the ceiling, casting playful shadows across the space. In the centre of the living room sat a small drum set behind a light-cyan couch and a petite coffee table. A stereo and cassette player were perched on a shelf, flanked by recessed speakers in the walls. Intrigued, Sixx peeked through a doorway into an adjoining room, where moonlight filtered through the windows, lending a dreamy quality to the space.

His curiosity piqued, Sixx moved around the antechamber, his eyes drawn to various knickknacks—a soldier wind-up toy, a bear banging on a drum, a toy tractor, and a miniature car. A small music box rested on a shelf, hinting at Rae's eclectic taste.

"This is where the magic happens," Rae quipped, her tone laced with humour. "And by 'magic,' I mean nothing."

For an awkward guy, Sixx was managing surprisingly well. The atmosphere felt comfortable as if his shyness was melting away in the warmth of her presence.

Rae headed to the small kitchen and found the refrigerator while Sixx fought to keep his gaze averted, his shyness returning vigorously. Frustration welled up within him, tension coursing through his body. The feeling wasn't pleasant, and he attempted to shrug it off. But there was an inexplicable pull toward her, a force stronger than his social discomfort.

"What's your poison, Sixx?" Rae's voice carried from the kitchen.

"Um... Jack Daniels," Sixx replied, his voice revealing a hint of nerves.