Track 6 - Accidents Can Happen

The morning sun painted the room in soft hues of gold, filtering through the curtains and casting a warm glow upon the walls

The morning sun painted the room in soft hues of gold, filtering through the curtains and casting a warm glow upon the walls. Wearing a coffee-stained T-shirt that somehow looked chic if it came with nothing underneath, Rae moved with a sense of purpose in the cosy apartment's kitchen. She stood before the coffee maker, carefully measuring out the grounds and water. As the aromatic brew began to fill the air, she turned her attention to the stove, where a skillet sizzled with bacon and eggs.

 As the aromatic brew began to fill the air, she turned her attention to the stove, where a skillet sizzled with bacon and eggs

With the breakfast preparations underway, Rae's gaze shifted to the small radio on the countertop. She reached out to turn it on, filling the kitchen with the sound of music. The radio host introduced the next song, and the familiar notes of 'Pocketful of Sunshine' by Natasha Bedingfield filled the room. A smile danced across Rae's lips as the catchy melody pulled her in.

"I got a pocket, got a pocketful of sunshine
I got a love and I know that it's all mine, oh, oh-whoa
Do what you want, but you're never gonna break me
Sticks and stones are never gonna shake me, oh, oh-whoa," Natasha sang, her voice a burst of positivity.

The song reached its chorus, and Rae couldn't resist the urge to join in. She began to sing along, her voice perhaps not most melodious, but filled with enthusiasm and an unabashed joy that resonated through the apartment.

"Take me away, a secret place," she sang, her voice lifting to hit the higher notes. "A sweet escape, take me away."

She twirled around the kitchen, her movements carefree and spirited, her bare feet tapping rhythmically on the floor, embodying the very essence of the song's lyrics.

"I gotta feed the cat, and I know it's all fine," a groggy voice that mimicked her own earlier off-key performance interrupted.

Startled, Rae turned to see a yawning Sixx emerging from the bedroom, his hair tousled from sleep, his eyes still heavy with drowsiness, wearing a pair of jeans reaching down his feet and the sheet of his tattoos briefly visible whilst stretching before he scratched his head.