Track 4 - Intermission

When I first placed my hands on these diaries, scraps of paper, there were notes and scribbles and all kinds of shit. A lot of feelings came bubbling up, but mostly this one—

How the hell am I still alive?

That's what I think every day.

But more on that later.

After all, this is just the intermission.

Upon returning from the Starwood, Rae casually asked Sixx about his plans. He expressed his concerns about auditions and the challenge of capturing Allen's attention. The task seemed monumental, even requiring a miracle. Rae, while lost in thought while glancing through a newspaper, came across an ad that caught her interest. It was a potential lead.

"That dude looks pretty cool," she remarked, her gaze shifting to Sixx as she circled the ad. "He left his number below."

It read: "DJ Ashba—loud, rude, aggressive guitar player available for hire.

Intrigued, Sixx walked over to the counter to look. He flipped the newspaper to find the circled ad and considered the possibilities. The description of DJ Ashba piqued his curiosity, as it aligned with the energy he sought for their band.

"DJ Ashba, huh?" Sixx mused, his mind racing with ideas. "Loud, rude, and aggressive... that sounds like exactly what we need to make an impact. Someone who can bring that raw energy to our music."

A thoughtful expression crossed his face as he evaluated the situation. Rae watched him intently, anticipating his response.

"Let's give this guy a shot," Sixx decided, determination in his eyes. "We've got nothing to lose. Set the apartment for the auditions. I want to see if he's as badass as he claims to be."

Rae's grin grew wider, sensing Sixx's excitement and determination. She picked up her phone, ready to make the call and set the plan in motion.

"Consider it done," she confirmed, dialling the number listed in the ad. "We'll see if DJ Ashba is up for the challenge. Who knows?"

🎵

The next day, Sixx and Rae held auditions for a guitarist to complete their band. Rehearsal occasions meant for Rae to spend a day with a vintage Beastie Boys shirt, stonewashed jeans, a tartan belt, and short, black-heeled boots. However, the first candidate, a chubby blonde man, failed to meet their expectations. Frustration and disappointment filled the air as the music screeched to a half.

"Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!" Sixx's voice cut through the noise. "What the fuck, dude? That's not what I showed you, man."

"Yeah, I know, but it's not like anything I've ever played before, man." The blonde-haired guitarist explained, defending himself.

Sixx, visibly annoyed, rolled his eyes.

"That's the fucking point, man," he retorted with exasperation. "Let's take a break."

As the blond-haired guitarist started to respond, Sixx turned to Rae.

"Rae, outside," Sixx said firmly, his tone leaving no room for argument.

"Rae—" The blond guitarist started to respond.

"It's all good, man," Rae said, giving him an understanding nod and a pat on the back, assuring him that everything was okay.

Once outside, Sixx leaned against the wall, a cigarette between his lips which he ignited to take a drag. Smoke curled from his lips as he exhaled, the gesture carrying his frustration and disappointment.