Track 14 - Permission

January 9th, 2008

"Sixx?" Rae's voice held a mix of concern and anticipation.

As Sixx slowly woke up from his drowsy state, he heard Rae's voice calling out to him from the car. The emotional farewell to James and DJ made him feel restless, not to mention the two-hour-long flight from LAX, reminding him of his current whereabouts. He turned his attention towards her, still groggy and disoriented.

Blinking his eyes open, he realised they had arrived at Wyoming Recovery

Blinking his eyes open, he realised they had arrived at Wyoming Recovery. The realisation hit him, and a mix of emotions flooded his mind—apprehension, hope, and determination.

"Hmm?" Sixx replied, trying to shake off the remnants of sleep.

"Before you go," Rae began, her voice filled with a touch of hesitation, "this might sound silly, but I have a present for you."

Sixx's curiosity piqued, and he looked at Rae with surprise.

"A present? Since when you have become Mrs. Claus?" He teased, attempting to lighten the mood.

"Since we got here," Rae chuckled softly, her eyes reflecting a mixture of emotions. "I didn't want to give it to you at first, but I thought this might be a fun time. I spent a whole lot of time putting it together, trying to make it into a playlist but... as you're an old-timer, I'll hand you something so that you don't forget me."

With a hint of excitement, Rae reached into her bag and pulled out a collection of vinyl records. Each one represented Sixx's favourite rock bands including Aerosmith, Alice Cooper, Deep Purple, AC/DC, some Bowie, the Rolling Stones, the Sex Pistols, and his all-time favourite, Ozzy Osbourne.

Sixx's eyes widened as he took in the sight of the vinyls. A wave of nostalgia and gratitude washed over him. It was a heartfelt gesture, a reminder of the music that had shaped him and the bond he shared with Rae.

"Wow, Rae," Sixx murmured, his voice filled with appreciation. "You really went all out."

Rae smiled warmly, handing the collection to Sixx.

"I know how much music means to you," she said, her voice filled with warmth, "and I wanted to give you something that would keep you connected to your passion and remind you of our friendship."

Gently taking the vinyls from Rae's hands, Sixx felt a surge of emotion. It was a tangible symbol of their journey together, the ups and downs, and the unspoken understanding they shared.

"Thanks, Rae," Sixx said, his voice tinged with sincerity.

As they prepared to leave the car and step into the Wyoming Recovery centre, Sixx held onto the vinyls tightly, knowing that they would serve as a source of strength and inspiration during his recovery journey. It was a small reminder that he had people who cared about him, who believed in his ability to overcome his struggles and find his way back to the music he loved.