Chapter 5: "Gloomy Days, Sad Lies"

(An's pov:)

With Akito not at school, I felt like a part of me just wasn't able to show. Like nothing at all.

I never told Toya or Kohane yet.

After Akito left for the hospital, I signed out of school for the day and just ran. I wanted to leave, and not think of what happened today.

Eventually I ended up running home. Out of breath, slightly crying and energy drained.

I headed to my room, immediately breaking down and crying.

The tears kept coming until I eventually fell asleep..

(Later at Practice)

(An, Kohane, Toya)

"An-chan? Why are you so gloomy.."

"What are you talking about?-"

"Kohane is right. You look very upset."

"I'm fine, you guys. Stop worrying about me."

"If you say so, An-chan.."

We decided to kick off practice. But seeing Akito without us was just tearing me apart inside.

I wanted to keep my act together to not cause suspicion but the other 2 already are suspicious of me.

I zoned out, and fell silent.

"AN?! WAKE UP?!"

"Shiraishi!-"

I snapped back into reality, two worried expressions were planted onto my friends faces.

Rubbing my eyes, they were wet. I figured I zoned out and started tearing up.

"An- You're not okay, are you-"

"I'm fine.."

"Zoning out mid song isn't normal, especially if you started partially crying."

"Maybe we should just stop practicing for today, for the better sake of An."

I just sit on the edge of the stage. Watching the other two put away equipment that I brought out before they were here.

Eventually Kohane sits down beside me, and chats to me.

"Is this all about Shinonome-kun?"

"Mhm..."

"I won't ask what happened, it's not really that much of my concern anyways."

"Me and Kohane will stop by at your house later to see how you are doing."

"Mkay.. I guess I'll leave now." I say mono-tonedly.

"Bye, An-chan.." Kohane says worryingly.

I started walking home, not paying attention much to my surroundings. I just couldn't care less or more about what's happening.

I just felt empty. All I could think of is how much I missed him. All I could feel was emptiness and endless sadness.

As I got home. I decided to make a decision.

I changed into Akito's hoodie, put some shorts on and grabbed my bag.

I quickly put on my shoes, not even caring that the laces were untied. And, I sprinted out the door to the hospital Akito was staying at.

(Kohane's pov:)

I was walking with Toya to An's house to check on her. She seemed completely off during practice, I was wondering why.