Chapter 14: "Feeling the Memories of Today"

(Akito's pov:)

Today is my birthday and it was also the Kamiyama School Fair.

I was dreaming about the day being good. Until someone woke me up.

(Akito, Ena)

"Akito! Happy Birthday!" I awake to my older sister who's now my legal guardian.

"Thanks, Ena." I say, rubbing my eyes.

"Also get ready for school, you need to be up and ready before 8. It's 7:30 now." She says, leaving my room.

"Okay, okay.."

"Also An is taking you to the school festival. She says it's to spend time with you." Ena shouts from the kitchen.

"Okay, just let me get ready."

I change into my school uniform, and Ena was waiting for me. She made us pancakes for breakfast, we both happily enjoyed them and chatted.

"Ena, I'm leaving for school now." I grab my school bag and headed for the door.

"Bye Akito, have a good day!" Ena says.

I started making my way to school, but I had a slight feeling that something was off.

(Ena's pov:)

As soon as Akito left for school, I called some of his friends to help with the giant set up surprise.

[Ena, Rui, Tsukasa, Toya]

"Are we all ready to set up?" I asked the 3 of the boys.

"Hehe, I think we are all good to start."

"Yeah, let's start the surprise."

I started putting up some decorations, I made Rui set up some balloons after he told me how good he was at balloon art.

Toya and Tsukasa were both putting together a couple of streamers and hanging them up. Meanwhile, I was baking the cake.

About an hour passed by and I hear a loud thud coming from the living room.

"OW?! TOYA WHY WERENT YOU HOLDING THE LADDER?!" Tsukasa shouted.

"You said that you didn't need my help and that a star like you would for sure be able to do it on your own." Toya said.

"STIL-"

"Tsukasa-kun, there's no reason to yell in Shinonome-san's home."

"Tch... fine. Sorry, Ena."

"It's fine, but you two should speed up because we still have snacks and drinks to buy."

"THERES MORE?!"

"Yup, and don't think I'll give you less work."

"I didn't know surprise parties were this difficult.."

"Rui, can you come help with the cake? It's finished baking."

"Mhm, I'll gladly help with the cake."

"Toya, can you go out and buy the snacks and drinks?"

"Of course, Ena. Is there anything specific that you would like to have."

"No, just get varieties of things. And make sure you are back by 1:45, it's 12:33 now."

"Got it, I'll be back soon." Toya gets up and leaves for the store.

"Tenma?"

"Yes, Ena?"

"You can come help with the cake too."