The Bathroom Mirror

Meta Knights POV

It was 10:45 pm

Y/n was asleep as we're Sword and Blade. Meta Knight was up looking through the Jambastion magic book. He found nothing suspicious in it or about it just notes in the margins and sticky notes and the occasional random piece of paper with notes on it.

Meta closed the book and left it on the table, so he can return it to Mozes in the morning.

Meta Knight went into the bathroom to shower before he went to bed.

He entered the bathroom, it was nice and clean bathroom. It wasn't an extravagant bathroom but it was a bathroom you expected to see in a master bedroom. He was about to brush his teeth. He removed his mask and looked at him self in the mirror.

But there was something... odd about the mirror.

Specifically his reflection. It looked off. He saw a monotoned version of himself, he was different shades of gray and a little black. He had a large and noticeable scar on his left eye. Same yellow eyes as Meta Knight.

???: Why hello Meta Knight.

His voice was chilling but it had a slight charm to it.

Meta Knight: What do you want Dark.

Dark: Can't I say hello to you anymore?

Meta rolled his eyes he just wanted to know what Dark was up to.

Meta Knight: What are you planning you bastard.

Dark: Nothing special.

Meta Knight: We know that your behind the mirror pieces going missing.

Dark: Oh really?

Dark let out sinister laugh.

Dark: What else do you know?

Meta Knight: Your probably dragging someone down with you, aren't you?!

Dark: Well not necessarily. It's more like they want me to be set free.

This response was chilling and it was frightening in a way. This answer was not good. Meta Knight was not sure how to feel about this, he was trying to think of who it could be.

Dark: Don't even try asking me who it is. Well it was nice talking with you.

The mirror returned to its original state, Meta Knights reflection returned to normal showing a frustrated and confused Meta Knight.

Meta Knight tried to rub of the feeling but couldn't, he couldn't. He was just standing in the shower but all he could think about was who would want to free Dark from the Mirror Dimension. He was imprisoned there for a reason. Even then why would anyone want to free him.

He stood there in the shower for a couple of minutes before he got out of the shower and went to bed.

He went to bed in his armor. He saw  Y/n at peace in their sleep. Seeing them asleep peacefully brought him a bit a comfort but he felt restless, he couldn't sleep. He even took his melatonin but it didn't help. It was as if it only amplified his restlessness.

Y/n snuggled up closer to him, as if they wanted to help him relax in their sleep.

Hopefully they're having a nice a peaceful dream, I wish I could sleep in such ignorant bliss, oh to sleep in peace.

As long as they're safe and happy that's good enough for me.

He slowly felt his eyes get heavy and then he feel asleep.