Part 9: Game Day And More

At the Camp Nou:

The girls and I are all dressed up in our kits. Jon told us to warm up for a bit and come back inside the locker room for a quick talk and to do the normal walk out stuff. We are currently on our way out for warm ups when I stop just before getting on the field. "Are you ok?" Patri says concerned coming next to me. "Yeah, I know it's just warm ups but it feels unreal." I say. "I know how you feel. I was just like you when I first got here. I was shaking and sweating when warming up. Just don't overthink it." Mapi says behind us. "You can do this, Megan. We know you can. I know you can. I believe you." Alexia says as she stands in front of me putting her hands on my shoulders.  I blush and nod. She smiles as she jogs to the field and so do Mapi and Patri. I take a deep breath as I leave the tunnel to go on the pitch.

As I do, I look around in awe at the Camp Nou with some fans sitting already and others walking to their seats. Wow. This is the dream. I smile and head to my teams for warm ups. We just do standard warm ups. Not too tough but just enough to get us limber. I have some fans calling my name and I just smile and wave at them as I continue warming up. We then finish our warm ups and go into the locker room.

"This is Real Madrid. I don't want any stupid tackles and keep your emotions in check please." Jon says. "Come on girls, let's do this! ¡VAMOS!" Alexia says as we all cheer and make our way out of the locker room. As the girls line up at the tunnel to go out to the field, Alexia turns her head to the side to looks at me.

I smile as well

I smile as well. Then she stops smiling then puts on her game face as the starting line up walk out while the rest of the players and staff including me, go to the bench.

I look around seeing the Camp Nou filled up with fans and it's amazing.

I sit down next to the players as the game starts.

In the 25th minute, Patri scores.
For the rest of the half, we are getting dominated. Sadly we conceded in the 43rd minute. Then the ref blows the whistle for halftime, as all the players and staff go back into the locker room.

"What the hell was that?" Jon yells at the girls. "We score, but we get dominated by them for the rest of the half." He continues. He then makes changes to our tactics, but doesn't make any substitutes. "Come on girls, we can do better than this. We will beat them. Don't let the momentum go into their favor. ¡VAMOS!" He yells as he gets the team riled up for the next half. The team goes out for the second half as I sit on the bench.