Part 11: Parents And Warnings

A Few Weeks Later:

Starting for Barcelona has been so good. I've scored 9 goals and assisted twice in 5 games since my debut. We are 2nd in the league behind Real Madrid. They are head by only two points since we drew to Atletico Madrid because the ref was awful. So far the fans have really love me. Every time I score I hear, "La Princesa" chants and it makes me so happy. Alexia has been getting assists and goals as well. The whole team is playing really damn good.

Alexia and I have gone on more dates and stuff like that but we haven't done anything serious, just hugs and kisses on the cheek. I think I want to take the next step in our relationship soon, but I want to do it when the moment is right.

Anyways on to the real stuff now. It's the international break and that means I'm representing Spain. Jorge already told I'll be starting in my first game and I was very excited until it was revealed we were going to play England in England.

Fuck me right?

Everyone knows why I feel nervous about playing against England. It is mostly filled with Manchester City players. The same players who treated me like shit and completely shut me out. I was worried they were going to target me especially since Sarina hates me now for choosing Spain.

I decided to invite Alexia to my parents house in a surprise visit. They know I'm with the team but they think I'm at the hotel with them. We arrive at my parents house and Alexia is nervous, I can't blame her. "Alexia, they'll love you I promise. There's nothing to be worried about." I say to her as I put my hand on her shoulder in reassurance. She puts her hand on top of mine and nods. "Ok, let's do this." She says. We get out of the car hand in hand and head to my door. I give her one last look to make sure she's ok with this and she nods. I knock on the door.

"How ma-" It was my mom would answered the door. She just stares at me in shock and immediately brings me into a hug as she cries on my shoulder. "We missed you so much. I missed you so much." She says sobbing. "I did too, mom. I missed both of you." We break the hug and my mom sees that Alexia Putellas is standing behind me. She looks shocked to say the least. "Umm hi, my name is Alexia. You must be Mrs.Cardona." Alexia says nervously with her hand out for a handshake. Mom then grabs in a hug instead which Alexia hugs back. "Its so nice to meet you Alexia. Just call me Sarah, I'm not that old yet." Mom says as she breaks their hug. She ushers us inside and yells, "Honey, we have visitors."

Oh no.

"What visitors? We aren't exp-" He stops walking from the kitchen to see me. "Hola, Papa. It's nice to see you again." I say to him. He just runs up to me and crushes my spine in a bear hug. "Oh my baby is home. My little superstar is here." He says excitedly. He then drops me and sees Alexia.

He looks at her for a few seconds then screams like a fangirl. "Oh my god, the Alexia Putellas is here in my house! I must be dreaming! I can't believe it!" My dad says as he brings her into a bone crushing hug. She doesn't know what to do since her arms are being crushed in the hug.  "Please don't break her, honey. They have a to play tomorrow." Mom says. My dad realizes what he's doing and immediately lets go of her. Alexia finally breathes to regain her bearings. She sticks her hand out for a handshake to my dad, "Hello, Mr.Cardona. It's so nice to meet you." She says. My dad shakes her hand and says, "The pleasure is all mine. You don't need to call me Mr. just call me Pasqual." She nods her head and we make our way over to the kitchen counter to sit in chairs that are around it.

All of us start talking about football, how life has been, ya know the normal shit. My dad asks me how has Alexia treated me and I tell basically everything including the dates. My mom asks her if I have caused any problems. Alexia sarcastically begins to tell her how annoying I've been. While we are talking under the table Alexia and I have one of our hands interlocked with each other as comfort. I get up from my chair and tell everyone I need to go to the bathroom. I walk to the the bathroom and close the door.

Alexia's POV: 👀👀👀👀

As I Megan leaves, I can't stop myself from looking at her. God she is beautiful. I can't wait to make her my girlfriend soon. As the bathroom door closes, her parents all have stone cold faces and expressions on their faces.

Ruh-Roh, Raggy.

"Now listen to me, Alexia. I see the way you look at my daughter and I see the way she looks at you. If so much as harm a hair on her body, I'll personally deal with you." Pasqual tells me in the very "Don't break my daughters heart" voice. I don't know what to say as I'm shocked by the sudden change in their demeanor.

Sarah speaks to me, "Now "La Reina", she says putting quotation marks around my nickname, "I don't care if you're the best player in the world. I don't care if you won 2 Ballon D'ors. If you break my daughters heart, I'll personally shove those 2 Ballon D'ors straight up your candy ass. Got it?" She says in a very scary voice.

She scares me the most.

Usually the fathers are scarier but with Sarah, I can she'll really do what she said she would.

I nod my head, take a deep breath and tell them, "Your daughter entering my life is one of the best things that has ever happened to me. When I first saw her in the coach's office, I knew she was the one for me. I knew I made the right choice. We aren't official yet, but I'm going to do it at the right time. I know our relationship won't be perfect, there'll be bumps along the road, but I know I'll do everything to love your daughter with all my heart. She has changed my life. If I break her heart, I won't know what to do with myself. She's my soulmate. There are no words to describe her except: Perfect." I say.

Her parents then look at each other as if they have a mind link. After a couple seconds, they turn their heads to me with their same expressions. They both start smiling and her dad says, "You have permission to date my daughter, just keep her safe that's all I ask." I nod to him. Her mom then says, "I don't think my daughter has picked a better person to spend her life with. You have my permission as well. However, my threat still stands. Got it?" She said. "Of course. Thank you so much." I said to them both.

I'll treat her like her nickname, a Princess. A princess who has conquered the Queens heart.

Then the bathroom door opens.

Megan's POV:

I get out of the bathroom to see my parents and Alexia. "So what did you guys talk about?" I ask them. "Oh nothing just talking about some embarrassing stories about your childhood." Mom says. "MOOOMMM!" I yell at her. My parents and Alexia laugh at me. "Sarah, could you tell me those stories again?" Alexia asks jokingly. "Sure. So Megan was 5 years old......"

Some Time Later:

It was getting late and Alexia and I needed to go back to the hotel before curfew before the game tomorrow. "Bye guys love you." I say to my parents as I'm about to leave the house with Alexia. "Bye. We'll see you play on the TV." My dad says. "Remember what we discussed Alexia." My mom tells her. I feel her tense up a bit, I wonder why? "Of course, Sarah. Can't wait to meet you guys again." Alexia says. With that we leave the house and get into the car. "I hope my parents weren't overbearing or weird." I say to Alexia. "No it's fine. I like your parents. They are some of the nicest people I have ever met, I just can't imagine them when they are mad." She says honestly.

I nod, experiencing Vietnam flashbacks, and drive back to the hotel to get ready for the game tomorrow.

———————————-

So how was the chapter? Did I do well?

LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!