Part 16: Women's World Cup Semi-Final

A Couple of Months Later In The Tunnel At Eden Park, New Zealand:

It's been a while since I missed that pen in the Champions League Final. It was so rough for the next and a half. I didn't leave Alexia and I's bedroom unless if it was for food, training, and taking a shower. It got better though. I had my friends and family to help me through it. I would like to thank Alexia the most. She was there with me the whole entire way and I couldn't have asked for a better person to be my girlfriend.

I love her so fucking much.

It's the World Cup Semi-Final. We cruised through the group stage and the knockout stages. I've already secured my top spot as top scorer of the tournament with 15 goals. Alexia has 4 goals and 10 assists. However, there is one more obstacle for us before reaching the Final, U.S.A. The reigning defending back-to-back world champions. It's going to be a very brutal game, but the team knows we can beat them.

We already know who's in the Final and it's England. England absolutely smashed everyone that came their way. They've only conceded 3 goals. Leah Williamson and Erin Kelly have already made their place for best defenders in the tournament. They are just amazing.

They took down France with ease, unlike their men's team. Maybe they should take notes.

Anyways, it's game time. The team is very nervous since we are playing against the U.S. Who wouldn't be nervous to play against the back-to-back world champions. I see over to my side to see the side we are playing against. It's mostly the same star studded cast from 2019. There's some additions and subtractions, but they are still very good.

I see Alex Morgan as she makes eye contact with me. "You must be Megan Cardona. I've heard a lot about you." She says to me. "Yeah, mostly good things I hope. You must be the famous Alex Morgan. It's an honor to play against you." I told her. "The feeling is mutual. You're going to be a soccer legend, kid. There's no doubt. Just keep your head up and it'll take you far." She told me. "It's called football." I tell her jokingly as we both laugh. Our small talk is broken up when we are told to walk onto the field.

All the teams national anthems play and everyone gets on to the field to start. The whistle blows to start the game as the fans cheer on their respective teams.

43rd Minute:

It's currently 1-1 with Patri scoring for Spain and Tobin Heath scoring for the U.S. Both teams have shown why the deserve to be here. It's a very very good match. I get the ball from midfield by Mapi so then I decide to reenact one of the greatest goals ever scored by the GOAT.

TV Announcer: What an absolute spectacle from Megan Cardona

TV Announcer: What an absolute spectacle from Megan Cardona. With shades from one of the greatest solo runs of all time, she is simply awe inspiring. It is just so amazing to see her play.

2-1! The Spanish crowd go crazy as do my teammates. "Well done, la meva princesa." I hear Alexia say. I just hug her as we jumped on by my teammates. I do my celebration.