Part 12: International Debut

In The Tunnel At Wembley:

It's time for my international debut and I'm starting as well. I'm currently in line with the starters as we are about to walk to the pitch. I look over to my side to see the England team, which is mostly filled with Man City players. They all have this look of anger and disdain on their faces but I try to ignore them. Alexia then taps me from behind and whispers in my ear, "Don't let them get into your head. You'll do great, la meva princesa." I smile at what she said. "Ladies it's time. Time to walk out." A person says to us and we make our way out of the tunnel.

Here we go.

As I walk out with my team, I'm awestruck by how the stadium is mostly filled with white from the jerseys the fans are wearing, it's pretty awesome. I do see a section of the stadium where our fans are at and even though it's not a large group of people it's easily 5-6 thousand. We walk out to hear who's starting for which team, when my name was announced there was resounding boos and jeers from the fans and I just chuckle at their reaction.

We are lined up on the field to do each countries national anthem. Spain's anthem starts and halfway through I start crying a little bit. I'm finally living my dream, playing for Spain, playing next to the woman I have a crush on, and I'm just so happy.

As both countries national anthems, we have to shake the other players hands. None of them Man City players shook my hand, they just move their hand away when mine approached them. The rest of the England starters however shake my hand including their captain, Leah Williamson.

At least some people have sportsmanship and aren't bitches.

What caught my eye was a new starter for them on defense. Her name is Erin Kelly, the next big rising star defender, who is under the tutoring of Leah Williamson and she's 18 as well. She plays for Arsenal. I'm happy for her and to play against her. We shake hands and smile at each other.

We get to our starting positions on the field. Spain starts with the ball and with that kickoff begins.

30th minute:

It's been a back and forth affair, with each team having shots on the other. The tackles have also been very rough on me. Looks like they are doing this on purpose. I'm running with ball and I'm bodied by Alex Greenwood, who made no attempt to get the ball from me. Alexia is the first one there to run up to her and yell at her and the rest of the girls follow. "That's what she gets for betraying us!" Alex yells at Alexia. Alexia yells back at her, "It's her decision. She chose to play for Spain over England get over it!"

Mad Alexia is kinda hot, ya know?

They continue arguing until the ref pulls them apart and gives all of us one more warning until she'll have book us. She awards a free kick to us a free kick. Alexia then decides I should give a go at the free kick. "Alexia, this is my first free kick ever." I say to her worried. "You'll do fine, la meva princesa. We all believe in you." She says. I nod and take my position for the free kick.

The ref blows the whistle and I run up to the ball and hit it.