Changing

:: Same day::

:: Vanessa's P.O.V::

Dear diary,

They don't know how she acted behind closed doors, but I do. We would do some real crazy shit back then. Everyone says to be more like her but if I end up being more like her won't that mean I'll die too?

They think she died of natural causes but it's not true. Only I know how she really died. But it's what ever right? Let's see how they like it then. I'll just give them what they want, I'll be more like my sister.

Heart,

Vanessa

I looked up and saw Kaisey sound asleep in her bed. I cut off my book light and went to sleep.

:: Next day::

When I woke up and went to my bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror, what I saw looked nothing like my sister, Naomi. "This is going to be harder than I expected" I muttered I studied my eye color and heaved a heavy sigh. "I guess I'll get rid of you first" I stated as I searched through my cabinet of make-up accessories. I pulled out the packet of colored contacts and looked at them, Naomi always had light blue eyes. I frowned as I put them in, when I was done I blinked my eyes a couple of times to get used to the feeling and to make sure they were in right.

I came out the bathroom and went to go wake up Kaisey. I walked over to her and gave her a poke on the cheek. She opened her eyes and looked at me. I watched in confusion as she hoped out of bed and slowly walked over to her small bookbag and pulled out a slip of paper and brought it over to me. I looked at it and realized that it was a permission slip from the daycare saying that they were going to go to the park today.

I looked at Kaisey "I find it funny how you're giving this to me on the day of" she smiled "well do you wanna go?" I asked, I watched as she nodded. I looked at the paper one last time before noticing that it asked for a parent or guardian signature. I sighed "I need a pen" I stated to myself, I watched as Kaisey ran over to her bag and pulled out a pen. "You just seem to have everything right now don't you?" I took the pen she handed me and quickly signed the paper before handing it back to her.

I looked at Kaisey as she finally noticed that my eyes were a different color. "Don't worry munchkin they aren't real, now let's get ready for the day shall we?" I picked her up and helped her get dressed. I quickly dressed myself in some black skinny jeans, a light pink bralet, and my pink converse. Plus some nice accessories and make-up. When Kaisey and I both finished washing our face and brushing our teeth we both went downstairs and into the living room.

As I turned to go into the kitchen I saw a single beer bottle sitting on a shelf. The memory came rushing back.

:: Flashback::

"Dad j-just calm down" Naomi stated "don't tell me to calm the fuck down!" He yelled back. I was standing by the stairs watching as the scene took place. "I don't even know why you're over reacting! I shouldn't even be having this conversation with you! It's not like you're listening to a single word I'm saying" Naomi stated.

I silently watched as Naomi turned to walk away but my dad grabbed her shirt and jerked her back. "What do you mean I don't listen?" She looked at him "I mean you do come home high off of almost every drug there is" I watched in shock as he raised his hand to hit her. I took in a sharp breathe, he had never attempted to lay a finger on Naomi before.

She looked at me then at our dad, "go ahead hit me, I dare you" I watched as he brought down his hand and slapped her. Naomi allowed her head to move with the impact but she didn't make a single noise. Naomi looked at our dad "you may be able to get a better reaction from Vanessa but you will not get one from me" she stated firmly, "now if you hit me one more time I will call the cops".