Cemetery

::Vanessa's P.O.V::

I fluttered open my eyes and looked around, I wondered where I was until I realized I was in a hospital room. I looked at my arms and saw the cuts, they were red and puffy looking. I sniffed and watched as the door opened and in walked Ray, Roc, Prod, and Aaliyah plus Kaisey. "Vanessa!" She squealed as she ran over to me and climbed up onto the bed, she crawled up the bed and plopped down right next to me, I wrapped my arm around her and smiled a little. I looked up and saw everyone looking at me, everyone except Prince. Where was he? "Hey" I said quietly "hey" "look I'm really sorry guys..... I shouldn't have done what I did.... It was no way to handle the situation" I confessed. "It's okay" Prod said "yeah, we're just happy you're alright" Roc added. "Vanessa what if...." Aaliyah started "what if.... You.... Had cut a vein?" "Yeah, then what would've happened?" Ray asked. "I... I-I don't know" I said as I looked down at Kaisey. I bit my lip and held back the tears that were threatening to fall from my eyes. "I just don't know...." I looked up at them, "where's Prince?" I asked, I really needed to see and talk to him.

"He left...." Ray said quietly "what?" I asked, "he didn't want to be here when you woke up because he figured you'd just get mad all over again and he didn't want that....To happen... So he left" "oh...." ".... yeah".

*

::Prince's P.O.V::

I looked up at the night sky and sighed. Vanessa had called me seven times and I let her listen to my voice-mail seven times. I wasn't in the mood to hear her shouting at me. But I also wanted to know if she was okay or not. I knew by the way her cuts looked that she hadn't cut herself too deep but still.... The fact that she cut herself because of me was enough to make me wanna go hide in a corner. I looked up and saw the house about a block away, I ran my hand through my hair. I wasn't ready to go home yet but I knew I had too. I slowly walked the rest of the way until I was finally on the porch, I pulled out my key and un-locked the door. When I stepped inside all the lights were off, I closed the door and ran my hand along the wall, slowly walking until I felt the light switch against my finger tips. I flicked it on and saw Ray sitting on the couch.

I nearly jumped out of my shoes, "holy shit!" I cursed "god dammit Ray! Are you tryin to give me a fucking heart attack!?" I shouted as I took a deep breathe and placed my hand over my heart. He chuckled "oh god, I knew I'd scare the fuck out of you" I glared at him "what the hell are you doing down here in the dark anyway?" I asked angrily. "I was waiting for you" he stated "in the dark? What the hell are you? A vampire or some shit?" I questioned. He rolled his eyes "whatever man, your face was priceless though" I ignored his last statement. "Why the fuck are you waiting for me?" "Because I need to talk to you" "and it couldn't wait until tomorrow morning?" I asked. "No it couldn't" he said calmly "well then what the hell is it? What is so important that you had to wait in the dark until I got home and scare the living hell out of me?" He gave me a long stare. "Vanessa's leaving the hospital tomorrow, the doctor said she should be fine but gave her some medicine just in case" I tried to swallow the lump that had suddenly appeared in my throat.

"I just thought you'd wanna know" Ray said as he looked at his hands, I watched him as he pulled a loose string from his shirt. "I offered to pick her up tomorrow and walk with her to school, you can come along if you want" I looked him in the eye before directing my gaze somewhere else. "No thanks" I said quietly "why? Prince how come you haven't been returning her calls? She's really worried about you" I ran my hand through my hair. "I just can't talk to her right now alright? It's just not a good time for me right now" I started "she's leaving the hospital tomorrow and you don't even wanna see her? She cut herself because of you and you don't even want to walk with her to school?" He questioned, anger lining his voice, "what the hell?". "I know alright! I know she cut herself because of me! I know I'm the reason all of this shit happened in the first place and I don't need a god damn reminder right now okay!?" I yelled as I wiped at my eyes, I refused to cry right now.