A Cut Too Deep

::Vanessa's P.O.V::

I walked into school alone, I had decided to arrive early so I wouldn't get as much hate and discrimination as I would if I had arrived late. I walked to my locker and took out all my books that I needed for today out of my locker and put them in my bag. I sighed and went to my first class and sat in the way back of the class, this time I chose to wear a long sleeve shirt with my sweet jacket. Just in case I have to raise my hand. "You need to learn how to fight your own battles now, Vanessa" I said to myself, "you really do".

*

After a few minutes of sitting in my first class alone I got up and walked out, deciding to skip the class. I skipped my second block too not really caring if one of the teachers called home, wondering where I was. No one's gonna pick up anyways. My dad was pretty upset when he found out that I had spent the night at a hospital. He beat me pretty bad when I came home too, but I should've seen it coming. I still have the bruises. I walked down the hall trying to ignore the stares I was getting from people. I guess my problem, the disease, was still spreading. I suddenly felt someone come up behind me and swiftly wrap their arm around my waist. I looked up and smiled when I saw Prince's face, "hello" I said quietly "what's wrong?" He asked, lookin at me with his big golden brown eyes. "Nothing, I'm just replaying my life" "well stop replaying it and press pause then fast foreword and press play. And live in the present" he stated with a smile, I smiled a little and said "okay".

"You're hanging out with her?" Someone asked, I looked over and saw a girl named, I think, Jessica staring at us. "Yeah.... That's what you kind of have to do when you're dating someone" Prince stated "yeah.... But she's a freak that cuts" I looked down at the ground, biting my lip. "That may be true but she's my freak that cuts, and I take her for her. Nothing more and nothing less" Prince said as he took hold of my hand. "Hmm alright, whatever" "thanks, that was sweet of you" I said when Jessica left. He gave me a side smile "no problem, hey I'm hungry let's go get us some food shall we" "we shall".

When we got to the lunch room and bought our food Prince and I walked over to where Roc, Ray, Prod, and Aaliyah were sitting. I sat next to Prince and Ray and looked at my strawberries. I smirked thinking about the time Prince used strawberries, cherries, and whipped cream to tease me before we had sex. I let out a soft sigh and placed my hand on my cheek. Ray suddenly nudged me "what's up with you?" I smiled "nothin" I said as I nudged him back. I leaned against him and looked at Prince, who was looking at us; his eyebrows raised. I smiled and sat up, I placed my hands on his cheeks and brought my face close to his. I gave him a kiss on the lips and as he began to kiss back Roc spoke up. "Eww! Not at the lunch table!" He stated "yeah, I'm trying to eat" Prod added. I laughed as I looked at them then back at Prince. He took hold of my waist and lifted me up onto his lap.

"Aww! That's so sweet!" Aaliyah exclaimed, "Ray how come you don't do that?" She asked as she hit him on the shoulder. He looked up from his sketch book and looked at her "huh?" Prince chuckled as Aaliyah gave Ray a long stare before turning around. "You know what never mind" "wait what I'd do?" Ray asked, looking at us. "Nothing absolutely nothing" I said quietly, he looked at me "well do something damn it" I urged. "Oh" he put down his pencil and looked at Aaliyah, he snaked his arms around her chest and rested his head on her shoulder. "Hello" he said quietly "hi" "what's wrong?" He asked. "Nothing" Aaliyah stated as she fiddled with one of braids. I watched as Ray moved his hands down to her waist and pinched. She abruptly sat up and yelped, Ray chuckled. "That's not funny" Aaliyah said as she used her free hand to take hold of his other braid. She pulled him close and they kissed.

Roc threw up his hands "again! Please! We are at the table eating!" I giggled and shook my head. Prod groaned and placed his elbows on the table "I need a girlfriend" "So do I".