Beaten (part two)

::Vanessa's P.O.V::

I opened my eyes and yawned, I turned to look at Kaisey who was still sleeping. I twirled my finger around a single strand of my hair and grabbed my phone. I sent Prince a text; Good morning, I'm not coming' to school today. He immediately texted back; Morning, and why not? You still have like three more days of ISS. I sighed and typed in the words; I know and I don't care, I just wanted to let you know that I wouldn't be there today. I got out of bed and walked over to my dresser, deciding that I would just take a shower now and get back into some pajamas. I looked at my phone and noticed Prince replied; Hmm okay... : (

I shook my head a little and smiled, I walked into the bathroom took a quick shower, when I was done I brushed my teeth and washed my face, then went downstairs to figure out what Kaisey and I were going to have for breakfast. Luckily my dad wasn't home, I don't know where he'd gone, I was just happy he wasn't there. I looked in the refrigerator and got out the bacon and eggs, I then turned and went to the pantry and got the pancake mix, I looked at the directions. "Oh wow, that's a lot of words.... Looks like we're not having pancakes" I stated as I put the mix back "looks like it's just bacon and eggs then".

*

"Well hello there pumpkin" I said with a smile as I watched Kaisey walk into the kitchen, she smiled and climbed up onto a chair. She placed her elbows on the kitchen island and rested her head on her small hands, "you ready to eat?" I asked she nodded. I brought over her plate and placed it down in front of her "thank you!" She said cheerfully I nodded a little "why you are ever so welcome". She giggled, I sat across from her and placed my own plate in front of me, I grabbed the syrup and poured some on my eggs and bacon. "Is that good?" Kaisey asked I nodded "well to me it is, here try some" I said as I poured some syrup on the side of her plate. I watched as she picked up her bacon and dipped it in the syrup and ate it, she smiled and nodded.

After we both got finished eating I took our plates and washed them, same thing with the pan I used to cook with. I turned to look at Kaisey "what do you wanna do now?" I asked she shrugged "let's.... Build a fort!" She exclaimed.

*

I laid next to Kaisey in the fort we made, I smiled a little, I hadn't spent this much free time in god knows how long. I would always have to watch out for Kaisey, the thought of my father always in the back of my mind. I sighed and looked at Kaisey who was fiddling with her fingers, "are you tired?" I asked she shook her head "no..." I watched as she let out a yawn. "Yes you are, take a nap" she looked up at me and let out another yawn. She grabbed a blanket and pulled it up to her chin and turned onto her side, I watched as the covers bobbed up ad down due to her breathing. I placed my hands on my cheeks and sighed, "how are you going to get the bear back Vanessa?" I asked to myself. I knew that I would have to go into his room to get it, I hadn't been in there since my mom left.

*

I looked at the time and noticed that school was out, "Nessa?" "Yeah Kaise?" I looked up and saw her trying to reach another blanket for the fort but she couldn't quite reach it. I walked over and grabbed hold of the blanket and handed it to her, she smiled and said "thanks" "mhm". Knock, Knock, Knock, I looked at the door and wondered who it could be. I walked over and opened the door to see Princeton standing there, "hey" he said happily I smiled a little, I watched as he looked behind me and noticed the fort Kaisey and I made. "You seem to be having fun" he stated I nodded a little "yeah, just a little sister time I guess" he smiled. "You can come in.... You know if you want to that is" I offered. I moved to the side and let him in, when Kaisey saw him she smiled and ran over to him. "Hi Prince!" She greeted cheerfully "why hello Kaisey!" Prince said back with just as much excitement, I looked at him and he smiled.