XXIX

Hey, I uh I didn't expect you to answer the call. I know you don't always pick up strange numbers or maybe you just didn't feel like picking your phone up at all....I'm guessing you think i'm dead. I'm not. I guess it's weird and I know you have a lot of questions maybe. Maybe you're mad at me right now, I wouldn't blame you. I just want you to know I'm okay. Don't worry. Are you okay? You can answer that later. I just....I don't want you to think I'm gone.

.....

I guess you wonder where I am right now. I'm at a public phone in a corner of a street. I don't know what to do or talk to but I know or thought you would respond. I'm not mad at you for not answering me. I uh I didn't go to the hospital, I didn't want to cause trouble and make them think that I did something. I tried to fix myself up but I'm still pretty bad right now... I found Mindy's bag and stole her money, I used the quarters to call you. I didn't call dad or Quinn....I thought to call you. Only you.

....

Back in the hotel....I....I made it! We made it! I'm sorry I didn't go out of there with you. I'll answer your questions once I see you again. Soon....soon. Um, I left the hotel. I guess that is obvious by now. I'll tell you about everything, I promise just....I just need you to hear this. I love you.

...

I don't have a lot of time on the call but I love you. I'm sorry I made you go through all that. You didn't deserve all that. I know that I should have called you sooner.....i'm sorry.

..

I love you, angel.

.