XXX

Once the voicemail ended I had millions of thoughts running through my head. He was alive. Every negative thought erased from my memory and every single cell in my body that believed he was alive filled my body with joy.

I wasn't sure what to do but I felt like calling Bailey and Quinn. Before I could press the call button I heard something hit my window. A few minutes passed and nothing happened.

I turned my phone back on but as soon as I pressed Bailey's contact another noise was heard. I stood up slowly from my bed and checked my window. Nothing.

As soon as I moved back to my bed another sound was heard. I closely looked at my window making sure to see what was hitting my window.

Another sound. It was a small stone. I walked towards the window but I didn't see anybody.

A few minutes passed, I started to gain sleep for once but as soon as I was about to fall asleep I heard a loud creaking noise followed by a loud thud. I immediately opened my eyes to notice a tall figure trying to come through my window. I quickly turned the light on to reveal Ethan climbing through my window.

"Hey" he said, noticing me next to the light switch. I made my way to him hugging him tightly, him doing the same not wanting to let me go.

"I'm so glad you're okay" I said to him with relief of seeing him again.

"I'm so sorry, I really am" He said apologetically, rubbing my back.

"I thought you were dead, Ethan," I whispered to him.

"You didn't believe I'd make it?" He said in a joke-ish tone although he sounded kind of hurt.

"Ethan I saw you bleed out. You didn't want to leave the hotel and then there is no trace of you" I said, pulling away from the hug with my eyebrows furrowed.

"Y/n I couldn't leave" He began.

"But you left the hotel and still managed to call me" I said, cutting him off slightly mad.

"I was hurt" He said defensively.

"You still are hurt, Ethan" I moved to the bathroom getting the first aid kit out. I pulled out a chair from the kitchen for him to sit at.

"What" he said, giving me a confused look.

"You got hurt, don't you want me to fix you up?" I said annoyed.

"No I can do it myself" He said, getting up clenching his stomach.

"Ethan. You can't even walk, how did you even get up here?" I looked at him from the other side of the room, still standing next to the chair.

"I thought you'd be more happy to see me. I thought wrong. I should've just climbed to my own room." I said coldly trying to walk towards the door.

"Ethan..." I said rubbing my face, stressed. " I am happy to see you, I don't think you understand how glad I am to see you here, it's just I don't know it's a lot." I said, trying to stop him from moving. He stopped walking but didn't say anything.

"Let me help you." I told him calmly. He turned around still not saying another word. Once he sat down, his eyes never left mine. His face was slightly cut from the glass but he still managed to look good. He had a small cut near his eye, on his lip, cheek, he was a mess.

I took a wet cloth and began to rub it around the areas that were cut. His eyes are not leaving my hand. I tried to ignore him being quiet yet staring at me the whole time. I grabbed the alcohol wipe and gently cleaned the cuts. He flinched a few times but still stayed quiet, it bothered me.

"Are you going to tell me what happened back there?" I asked him, breaking the silence.

"I don't know, will you get mad at me again?" He said looking into my eyes worriedly.

"No," I said quietly, still cleaning the cuts.

"When you left me I noticed and just realized everything. I realized how important everything is in my life. That had never happened to me. I thought about my family, about you. I noticed how stupid it was to leave you alone. But I knew that if I left with you in that movement I would've slowed you down. I didn't want to put you in danger. So before the cops got there I took some things from Mindy. I left and fixed myself up and called you. I left to protect you not to hurt you and I failed. I'm so sorry."

I stopped fixing the cuts to take in what he had said. I felt terrible for thinking he'd left me because he was mad at me for not killing Mindy or screwing up the plan.

"I thought you were mad at me. I thought that was the reason you didn't want to leave. I didnt kill Mindy, I didn't want to kill her and I fucked up the plan. You looked pissed so I assumed that you didn't love me anymore for that." I said putting the towel down.

"No, my love" He whispered to me slowly, grabbing my face and kissing me on my lips. It was gentle yet it said everything to me. When we both kissed it was like the first time we've ever kissed each other. It was a hunger for each other yet it was forgiving. I could feel him smile a few times.

"Ethan...your stomach" I said, pulling away remembering.

"No don't worry about it" He whispered to me wanting to kiss me again. I playfully rolled my eyes at him.

"Take your shirt off," I said, moving away from him, washing the towel once again.

"I mean if you insist" he smirked.

"You know what I mean Ethan. Not in that way." I said trying to sound like I wasn't smiling like crazy.

"What did you think I meant?" he said innocently. " For an angel your ideas are pretty wild," he laughed.

I began to undo his previous attempt to treat his stab. As I unraveled the cloth he used to cover up I began to notice the familiar pattern. It was a shirt Mindy owned.

"Ethan is this Mindy's shirt?" I questioned him with a shocked expression on my face.

"I grabbed one from her closet, I told you I took some stuff and I needed it. She clearly didn't anymore." He said defensively causing me to slightly laugh.

He stopped the bleeding slightly but every time he moved the cut would start to open again.

"Okay Ethan ready" I looked at him handing him a towel he could bite on since it was going to sting terribly. He gave a nod, biting the towel.

I quickly put the wet towel on the cut causing him to slightly yell a shit full of words. As much as I didn't want to laugh at the poor boy in pain it was absolutely hilarious to see him try to yell and curse but it would sound muffled because of the towel.

"Done" I said, giving him a small smile. He slowly took off the towel he was still biting.

"Have you called anybody else?" I asked him to get up to put the first aid kit back.

"No," he said quietly. I nodded understandingly.

"We should call them, they're just as worried as I was" I told him.

"What happens now?" He asked me.

"What do you mean?" I asked him, going back to sit next to him.

"Like okay there's nothing more, we got Tara and Sam, we got Mindy. Now what?" He said, stroking my hair.

"I don't know but we will figure it out right?" I said burying my head onto his shoulder.

"Together" He said, interlocking his fingers with mine.