02. The Marker

"Baby cub. Hey, wake up." A lady with a fair complexion gently pokes the cheek of the smaller figure sleeping beside her on the bed with arms wrapped around her waist.

The sleepy girl just mumbles something incomprehensible in response, refusing to open her eyes. She pulls the longer haired woman closer to her under the thick duvet that is protecting both of them from the coldness of the room.

"You lazy baby." The now slightly grumpy lady rolls her eyes. "As much as I want to cuddle more... we still have to drop by your father today, remember? Get up now. If we get late, you two could start another fight like kids and I don't feel like being your referee today."

"Five more minutes, my love." Instead of standing up and obeying, the smaller girl chose to insist in a whiny tone. "Pretty please?"

"Ugh. Okay, okay." The fair lady stifles a smile and finally yields. She softly kisses the temple of the girl currently trapping her on the bed. "I'll wake you up again after five minutes."

"Then, ten—"

"No. Just five more minutes, Chaeng."

"Minariiii." The smaller girl instantly whined back.

"Son Chaeyoung. Only five minutes and that's it. I will be back. I will just go to the comfort room." The former council president sighs. She shortly kisses again the temple of the woman who is with her on the bed before wiggling her way out of the other girl's arms.

Mina then carefully stood up from the bed and walked straight towards the bathroom. She is wearing an oversized shirt that falls almost to her knees, making it impossible to tell if she is wearing anything underneath. Except for her straight hair that is now falling about three inches below her shoulder, nothing else much changed on her face and her skin. She is still looking as young as she could be like how she was in her university days.

"Mmm." The former soccer ace mumbles while pulling the duvet to hide her whole body in it. Her face suggests that her skin is obviously more tanned than before while her hair is maintained short. Her chiseled face somehow confirms that her covered body is physically fit. Anyone who knew that she was an athlete back in college would instantly conclude that she is still actively playing soccer these days.

"SON CHAEYOUNG!"

After a minute from when Mina left Chaeyoung on their bed, a scream was heard from their bathroom.

And the girl who was lazily refusing to wake up seconds ago is now on her feet, running frantically towards the unlocked bathroom where her name was just called out.

"WHAT?! WHAT HAPPENED, MINARI?! WHAT'S WRONG?! ARE YOU ALRIGHT?!"

Mina who was previously looking at the mirror, faces the panicking girl on the door frame.

"What? What is it?" Chaeyoung asks again, obviously worried and nervous. Now that she is finally away from the duvet, her toned body is now showcased openly because she is just in her sports bra and underwear. "Did something happen? Are you alright?"

Mina stayed silent while squinting at her, obviously looking unamused.

"Minari, tell me why did you—"

"How am I supposed to go out today in public with all of these?!"

"Huh? What are you—"

"Neck. Chest. Stomach. Waist. Thighs." Mina raises an eyebrow and crosses her arms in front of her. "Son Chaeyoung, I thought I already told you to keep that habit down and stop marking me everywhere! Why do you always do this to me?! We have to leave the house and now look at what you did to my body!"