13. Finally

"Mmm." Momo's eyes flutter to the morning light. "Sunlight? What time is it?" She looks around her. After a couple of seconds of mind processing, her eyes widen as she athletically jumps out of the bed. "What the— WHERE AM I?!"

She ruffles her hair and mutters louder than usual as she looks across the room. "Will Kim kill me if she finds out that I passed out on the bar and ended up on someone else's bed?"

"Hey." Dahyun's head peeks on the room's door. She is in her apron while holding a spoon. "What's with the commotion right after you just woke up? I thought you were always concerned with the neighbors?"

"OH. Kim?" Momo scrunches her eyebrows. "Then—" She points to the bed, then to the other girl, then back to the bed. "Then—" Shen points to her clothes. "This is not what I was wearing before I passed out. Does that mean— Did we—"

"Nothing happened, Hirai."

"WHY?!"

"Huh? Why do you sound like that?" The shop owner stifles a chuckle at the seriously disappointed lawyer. She rolled her eyes and started walking away. "And just as I thought. You don't remember anything."

"Hey— Kim! Wait!" Momo immediately follows her out of the bedroom, walking through the living room area. "What— How— Why was I—"

The television's morning show is making some background noise as it is left on, acting rather as a radio since no one is actively watching it.

Dahyun speaks nonchalantly as she treads straight to the kitchen. "Just to give you a recap, you were wasted on some random bar's alcohol counter in the afternoon of a weekend like some businessman whose wife cheated on him. Thank me later. I picked you up and saved you from maybe causing a scandal and ruining your career for life."

The kitchen counter has some onion spring laid over a wooden rectangular chopping board while the stove is open with a huge casserole heating on top of it.

"But— Kim— I— but—"

"What?" Dahyun glances at her unamused. She then opens the casserole that emitted a fair amount of steam. "Are you a baby? Speak properly. And please complete your sentences."

"Ho—" Momo gulps. "How did I end up here?"

"The poor bartender answered my call."

"And...?"

"And I picked you up." Dahyun answers lazily. "I already told you that. You didn't even pay your bills. Which was a lot by the way so make sure to pay me later. Anyway, what part of everything that I said have you not comprehended?"

"That part where I woke up lying on your—"

"OH. And I also called your psychiatrist to make sure you weren't on the verge of being crazy and I was just too dense to know."

"What— HUH?! Why did you do that?! Why did you—"

Momo was about to step closer to where Dahyun is but the shop owner swiftly turned around to point the spoon to the other girl.

"Hey, Hirai! I'm just trying to help you, okay?! You shouldn't dismiss the fact that you broke your years of alcohol rehab! You've let everything go to waste in a blink of an eye!"

The lawyer then droops her eyes as she looks down guiltily. Then, she heaves in a deep breath as she steps to the kitchen table and slowly pulls a chair to sit on it. "What did my psychiatrist say?"

Dahyun glances at Momo before moving in front of the chopping board in the kitchen counter. "That out of the behaviors I've observed from you, nothing out of it could make her conclude your reason for drinking. Or— like— if she could put you on rehab or probation or whatever list that will make you admitted to some program. Anyway— What I'm trying to say is..." She places the silver spoon down to pick up a small knife from the kitchen's knife block. "You should go to her clinic ASAP. She said that relapses aren't that uncommon. We can have you treated."