10. Lost

"Feeling better?" Sana almost whispers to the girl whose head is leaning on her shoulder.

"Hmm." The younger girl just hummed. The room is so quiet you might actually hear a hairpin drop.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

Tzuyu remained silent. She fiddles with her fingers as she zeroes in her eyes to the living room's floor.

Sana then lets out a sigh. She taps her girlfriend's shoulder twice. "Give me a sec, Tzu."

Hesitantly, Tzuyu moves her head to sit straight.

Then, the older girl slowly stood up from the couch just to be immediately halted as soon as she felt a tug on her blouse.

"Whe—" The CEO is gripping the bottom hem of Sana's clothes. "Where are you going?"

The artist smiles and glances at the hand stopping her from going anywhere. "I will just get you some water."

The younger girl stayed silent again, simply not letting off her girlfriend's blouse.

"Okay. We have no choice then." Sana gently pulls the other girl up. "Stand up and come with me."

Tzuyu just silently obeyed.

They walked slowly to the unit's kitchen.

Sana opens the fridge and gets a bottle of cold water. She twists the cap open and hands it over to the other girl. "Here. You need this."

The CEO nods, promptly taking some of the liquid into her system. After drinking half of the water bottle, she closes it again to find Sana intently staring at her. "W— What is it?"

"Are you really not going to tell me?"

"Are you—" Tzuyu avoids eye contact. "How about you?"

"Huh?" Sana scrunches her eyebrows. "What do you mean about me? You were the one who suddenly acted weird by telling me all those overly reassuring things."

"San—"

"Don't get me wrong. I love hearing all those things from you. But it's just—" The artist exhales sharply. She gets the water bottle from the other girl's hand to put it on the kitchen counter. Then, she holds both of Tzuyu's hands. "We'll be celebrating our tenth year together tomorrow. We've been with each other for too long now. I know for sure when you're acting weird."

The younger bites her lower lip, still avoiding eye contact and is now back again to remaining silent.

Sana then abruptly exhales in frustration. "Argh! Chou Tzuyu. What's wrong? You're scaring the hell out of me."

"Sorry."

The artist closes her eyes to pause for a moment. Then, after opening it, she lets go of her girlfriend's hands.

"Wait—" Tzuyu's eyes darted to the other girl at the sudden loss of contact. "Sana—"

"I'll be in the room if you need me."

And so Sana walks away with pained eyes.

The younger girl just watched her with a face filled with worry. As soon as the artist is out of sight, she sits on the kitchen floor and buries her face on the palm of her hands.

Tzuyu's POV

What the hell should I do?!

I internally scream in my head. I don't know what to do. I don't know what to feel. I surely don't know what to say.

Should I ask her? Is she going to break up

Gosh, the thought of it is literally breaking my heart.