07. Special Friends

"Dahyunie!" A slender figure in fancy clothes into an empty coffee shop. "Hello!"

The pale girl who was spacing out on the counter widely grins and promptly stands up to walk towards the newly arrived girl. "Wow. The great Minatozaki Sana is looking as gorgeous as ever."

"Of course!" Sana proudly smirks. "I even dressed up meticulously for you today!"

"Hmm..." Dahyun squints her eyes and scans the girl that is now in front of her. "I didn't know that Minatozaki Sana is even more beautiful in person."

"What are you saying?!" Sana giggles, obviously finding delight at the flattery she is receiving. "I'm an artist now. Of course, I should be pretty all the time!"

Minatozaki Sana is now an independent K-pop artist under a record label that the Chous own. She started small in various korean telenovelas and made her way through pure hardwork and talent. After a couple of early years, jumping from one agency to another, grabbing whatever opportunity comes her way, she finally made a breakthrough in her career when she secured a main role in one of the hit TV shows in the country.

Dahyun widely grins. "Should I prepare some coffee for the princess?"

Sana sighs and smiles. "I still can't believe you are a cafe owner now."

The shop owner flashes a proud smirk. "I know that I look cool. Reserve your flattery later. Maybe I'll grace you with my presence more from now on."

Sana scoffs. "In between the two of us, you're the one who sounded like the busy artist."

"Hey!" Dahyun points to the other girl. "I even reserved the whole shop just for you today!"

"Aww. Thank you." Sana holds her chest and feigns an overly touched look. "Is my date trying to score a kiss from me by meeting me exclusively in her own shop with just the two of us?"

"Oh no." Dahyun fakes a gasp. "Was my cover blown up like that?"

"Yeah!" The artist giggles as the two of them walk toward the shop's counter. "Did you wait that long?"

"Nah. I just got here like..." Dahyun glances at her watch. "Like an hour ago?"

"Oh my, gosh. I am so sorry! I really had a hard time avoiding some paparazzi earlier."

"It's fine. I understand." Dahyun sincerely smiles. "Just wait for a minute at any of those tables for a while. I will just prepare our snacks, okay?"

Sana then energetically nods.

For a couple of minutes, the coffee shop was filled with nothing but sound from the espresso machine making coffee and from the microwave over reheating some bread.

"Dahyuniiieee." Sana promptly stands up. The pale girl is now carrying their snacks towards the table she chose to sit in.

"What?"

The artist hugs the pale girl. "I missed you!"

"Hey— Careful, Sana!" Dahyun raises the tray she is holding to avoid the arms of the bubbly girl embracing her. "The coffee is hot!"

"But I can't help it." Sana pouts, breaking the hug. "I missed you so much."

The pale girl shakes her head and chuckles. She takes the opportunity to put down their food on top of the table. "You're still the same clingy Sana even back when we were in college, aren't you?"

"Hmp." Sana crosses her arms in front of her and glares at Dahyun. "How dare you stay away from me for that long?!"

"Ugh." Dahyun rolls her eyes. "Hey— Don't be angry at me. I have my reasons."