08. Closures

"Hey, Pres."

"Dahyun." Mina smiles at the girl in front of the doorstep of their dorm room. "What brings you here at this hour? Sana went out with Tzuyu. She's not—"

Dahyun's smiling face is barely illuminated by the lights of the building's hallways. "That is why I'm here."

"Huh?" The council president looks at the girl who steps inside the room in wonder. "What do you mean?"

"Are you sure you don't know, Pres?" Dahyun welcomes herself and sits in one of the chairs of the small kitchen table. "We've been together in the council all our college life."

Mina lets out a sigh. She takes the chair on the side adjacent to where the secretary is. "Is this about her?"

The pale girl simply nods.

The council president bites her lower lip and pauses for a second. "What do you want to talk about?"

Dahyun slides a piece of paper on the table to Mina's side. "Here."

Mina slowly picks up the paper that looks like a business card. "A coffee shop? What— what is this for?"

"That is just a dream for now." The secretary grins. "If you go to that address, it is just an old building previously used as a residential apartment."

"So...?"

"Pres."

"Hmm?"

"We will be graduating from the university next week. After that day..." Dahyun looks into Mina's eyes and softly smiles. "I will be disappearing in Sana's life."

"Dahyu—"

"Don't worry. I will get better."

Mina lets out a sigh. She glances at the paper in her hand, then uses her free hand to reach out for Dahyun's arm. "Does this mean you love me better than Sana? You're cutting her off while giving me a way to contact you."

The pale girl promptly chuckles. "You know I love you both!"

The council president also laughs with her.

"Pres." Dahyun calms herself and softly smiles. "You can come with Chaeyoung. But, please let this be a secret from her and Tzuyu."

"What if she asks? You know persistent Sana could be."

"Don't worry much about that." The secretary waves her free hand in the air. "I will talk to her next week after the commencement exercises."

"Will you..." Mina's hold on Dahyun gets tighter. "Will you finally confess to her?"

Dahyun playfully scoffs. "Like she doesn't know it yet."

And the council president let go of the paper in one of her hands to abruptly cup both of the pale girl's cheeks. She gently stares at her while a lone tear escapes her eyes. "Dahyun..."

The secretary tries her best to smile while her lips are puffed from Mina squeezing her face. "What?"

"You did well." The council president speaks in a very calm tone while more tears start to fall from her eyes. "All these years you were with Sana, you did well. You loved her sincerely. And your love for her is one of the greatest things I ever witnessed. It was pure and sweet and that made me appreciate you as a very lovable person."

Tears are also starting to well up on Dahyun's eyes. "You're going to make me cry, Pres. Stop with the—"

Mina suddenly pulls the council secretary to a hug. "Then, cry. You deserve a good cry, Dahyun." She even pats the other girl's back. "My arms will always be a safe place for you."