Losing someone

"Tell them you love them"

I walked into class excitedly and sat next to Awsten with a big smile on my face

The time was currently 8:10 in the morning.
Awsten had one of his AirPods in while scrolling through his Twitter feed
"Good morning jellybean." He said.
"Morning A." I smiled.
"What are we so happy about today?"
"I don't know. I'm just in a good mood." I said.
He nodded just as the intercom went off.

"Please join us in a moment of silence for one of our students who passed away yesterday, f/f/n f/l/n. We will have councilors in the library if you need someone to talk too."

(F/f/n= friends first name, f/l/n= friends last name)
As soon as I heard name my heart fell to my stomach. I could feel the tears forming in my eyes immediately.
They can't be gone.
Awsten could see the change on my face.
After the moment of silence Awsten asked "y/n are you okay?"he asked.

"No, no, they can't be gone." I said looking at Awsten trying not to cry.
"Mrs smith? Can we go to the hallway." Awsten asked.
Our teacher nodded wiping her own tears.
Awsten grabbed my hand and led me to the nearest bench outside the classroom.
We sat down.

Awsten looked concerned. "Y/n I'm so sorry," he said quietly. "What can I do to help?"

I  shook my head, tears streaming down my face."I don't know," I  said. "I can't believe it. They were so young."

Awsten hesitated for a moment before gently placing his arm around my  shoulder. He  offered me a tissue and let me  cry on his shoulder.

We sat together in silence for a few minutes, until I  began to calm down.

"Will things ever be normal again?" I asked  said, my voice shaking.
"I don't know jellybean." He said stroking my hair.
I buried my head into his shoulder.

"I'm so sorry, y/n" he said. "I know this is really hard for you. But I'm here for you. And I know that your friend would want you to be happy and keep living your life."

I wiped my  eyes and looked at Awsten. "Thank you," she said.

Awsten smiled. "Of course. Do you want to go for a walk outside? Sometimes fresh air can help clear your head."

I  nodded and stood up. We  walked around the school yard and talked about my  favorite memories with f/n .Awsten listened as I  shared stories about how funny and kind they are, and how much they  will be missed.

"I'm really glad we met, Awsten." I  said, smiling even thought I had tears falling down my cheeks.

"Me too," Awsten said. "And I'm always here for you, no matter what." He said wiping away my tears with his thumb.

He pulled me into a tight hug and held me close.

As we continued to walk around the school yard, I began to feel a little bit better. However, I still felt sad and needed some comfort.

Awsten noticed this and said "Would you like to come over to my place and watch a movie?" Awsten asked me.

I nodded, "That sounds good. I could use a distraction right now."

Awsten drove us to his house, which was a cozy little place with a big couch and a TV. He put on a movie and we cuddled up together on the couch. Awsten wrapped his arms around me and held me close. I snuggled my head into his chest and he stroked my hair.

I couldn't help but felt safe and warm in Awsten's embrace. I felt like I could finally let go of all my emotions and just be myself. Awsten was there for me, and that was all that mattered.

"Thank you for being there for me, Awsten," I said, smiling at him.
He looked at me as a pink tint formed across his face.

"Of course," Awsten said. " I'm always here for you, no matter what."
I smiled and rested my head back on his chest.

"I smiled and rested my head back on his chest