◆Chapter III◆

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 
"𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚊𝚠𝚏𝚞𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚞𝚝𝚢 𝚒𝚜 𝚖𝚢𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝚊𝚜 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚋𝚕𝚎. 𝙶𝚘𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚎𝚟𝚒𝚕 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎𝚏𝚒𝚎𝚕𝚍 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚖𝚊𝚗." -
𝙵𝚢𝚘𝚍𝚘𝚛 𝙳𝚘𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚎𝚟𝚜𝚔𝚢, 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙱𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝙺𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚖𝚊𝚣𝚘𝚟
⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 
---

"We have a lead Y/N." Ango said, snapping you out of your exhausted trance.

You have barely slept at all lately. You averaging only 5 hours a night.

You felt like you couldn't rest. Like you didn't have the right to after all those people were killed because of your ignorance.

You felt like it wasn't fair for you to fall asleep knowing you'd wake up the next day, while they laid asleep unexpectedly, forever.

It wasn't right to rest while their killer ran lose

So that's why you worked every chance you got.

Why you tried so hard to do what Ranpo would do.

"If only I could talk to him right now." You'd think to yourself.

---

"You did? Tell me everything!" You said, your voice holding more eagerness then you expected.

Ango moved to sit in front of your desk as he pushed up his glasses with a finger.

"With the small attacks here and there..." He said, placing a page on your desk. "We found this note at the most recent scene."

You reached out to grab it, your eyes scanning over the words.

An address was written on it, with a symbol of some rat head on the corner of the page.

"Fyodor." You said, your eyes wide as you realized what this was.

"We think this was left behind for someone he was working with, though it seems we found it first." Ango said, his voice questioning, as if that didn't seem right, despite it being the only logical answer.

"Or it's a trap." You said, a sigh escaping your lips.

Fyodor wasn't dumb. Anyone with a consciousness and their dog would know that. So there was no way he'd just leave his address out in the open like that.

It wasn't right.

And if this was a trap, it could cause more people their lives. Again.

"It's your call, what do you want to do?" Ango said, looking you in the eyes.

"Let's go."

You had decided to go investigate, something that was hard to do, but you felt was right.

If you didn't do anything he may still hurt people anyway, so it was worth the shot to at least figure more out about this demon.

To learn more about this hell of a situation.

You and Ango were in the back lines, ordering the soldiers from a police van a few lengths away.

You couldn't risk going in, for obvious reasons. Though despite Ango insisting you stayed behind, you knew you needed to be there at least.

"What do you see?" Ango had said into the radio.