◆Chapter IX◆

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 
"𝙿𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚞𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚒𝚝𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚊 𝚕𝚊𝚛𝚐𝚎 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚐𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚊 𝚍𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝. 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚎𝚗 𝚖𝚞𝚜𝚝, 𝙸 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔, 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝 𝚜𝚊𝚍𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚘𝚗 𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚑." - 𝙵𝚢𝚘𝚍𝚘𝚛 𝙳𝚘𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚎𝚟𝚜𝚔𝚢
⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 

It had been a couple days since Fyodor mentioned the gala to you, and since that day he's been looming around you more and more.

This was odd to you, though a part of you didn't mind as much, as he normally just stayed silent when he did so. You both just sorta existing next to one another for a couple hours a day.

Nikolai on the other hand has been off doing his own thing, as he hates being cooped up in a building for long periods of time. He says it makes him feel like he's a bird stuck in a cage. Then he'll go on a rant about how much he enjoys birds in general after.

He's tried getting Fyodor to come out with him as well, so he wouldn't be alone, though Fyodor isn't the social outing type so he'd normally refuse.

-

You were sitting in the main living area of Fyodor's home, your mind indulged in the new book you've started recently.

You were so indulged in the story you didn't even realize the looming figure stride onto the room with you.

"Ahem." You suddenly heard, snapping you out of your book. Your head lifting to fall upon the figure of Fyodor, to no surprise.

"Hm? What do you want?" You said, as your gaze shifted over to the Russian.

"You mind if I sit?" He said, a cup of tea in hand with what seemed to be a journal in the other.

"I mean, it's your house. Do whatever you want." You said as you shifted your gaze back to your book.

There was silence as Fyodor didn't bother to respond, though he smiled at your words while shifting to take a seat on the couch across from you.

Silence continued to fill the room as you two sat. You enjoying your book as Fyodor seemed to be scribbling down who knows what in his journal.

You were almost tempted to ask him about it, though you didn't want to show any interest in what he was doing, or he may start thinking he was growing on you.

"Is that book any good?" Fyodor spoke, his gaze not even lifting from his journal.

You looked up at him, your mind pondering on if you should make conversation or not. "It's pretty good. What, haven't you read it yet? It was in your library."

"No I have, I was just asking if you thought it was good too." Fyodor responded with a smile. "You can tell a lot about a person based off their view on that book."

You felt yourself growing more confident with talking to man, and putting his morals aside, he was nice company.

"Fine, then what does my answer say about me?" You questioned, a small smirk on your face.

"Hm, well I'd have to say you enjoy philosophy. Hence the fact that is a philosophy book. You like to ask yourself questions about why you're here, and what's the point in living. You like a calm area to spend your time, mainly alone. Though if company offers itself you take it." Fyodor started to say, his finger finding itself upon his lip as he pondered. "You like the foods that are sweet, but with a surprise hint of salt in the aftertaste, as you think it makes the flavor less basic and boring."