◆Chapter XIII◆

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 
𝙰 𝚗𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚕 𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚔 𝚘𝚏 𝚙𝚘𝚎𝚝𝚛𝚢. 𝙸𝚗 𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚘 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚒𝚝, 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚖𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚛𝚒𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚒𝚖𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗.
-𝙵𝚢𝚘𝚍𝚘𝚛 𝙳𝚘𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚎𝚟𝚜𝚔𝚢

(Song recommendation: "As the world falls down" -David Bowie /The Labyrinth soundtrack/

Trust me you won't regret it. And if you get the connection I'm trying to make between Fyodor and Y/N with the movie I'll literally love you forever <3
(Especially towards the end of this chapter the song is necessary.)
⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 

"This was for you Y/N! All of that was to save you! Why can't you just accept that?!" Fyodor shouted, his voice shaking as he tried to stay composed.

You continued to bury your face deep into Nikokai as you held him tight for comfort, Nikokai holding you just as tightly back.

You weren't upset directly at Fyodor. You were more upset that he was right, that this whole time you really were just a pawn in the government's game. Nothing more.

Though you were upset Fyodor killed Hiroto without even a chance for you to gather your thoughts. That it was just one thing after another without a single thought about your feelings, just like your family and Hiroto did.

"Shut up Fyodor and give them a break! They just need a minute to recover from everything alright?!" Nikokai shouted, his hands pulling you closer like a protective mother.

"Don't act like you didn't agree to this too Nikolai! You're just as much to blame as me!" Fyodor shouted back.

"I only did it because I had no other choice! You refused to accept any of my other ideas so what else was I supposed to do Fyodor? Now just go and we'll talk again when Y/N is ready." Nikolai's voice was stern and hard. It hurt to be mad at Fyodor, as he cared for the man still despite everything. But he also cared for you, and wouldn't let any disrespect slide.

With a deep sigh Fyodor realized Nikolai was right, his shoulders slumped as he nodded and turned to head back to his sleeping quarters. "You're right, I'm sorry you two. Goodnight.

Even after Fyodor was gone you still stayed heavily curled up against Nikokai as you sobbed. Your entire body and mind numb as you were still in shock.

The clown used his ability to get you some tissues and slowly helped you pull yourself together. "Hey, hey birdie, it's going to be okay alright?"

"I- no it won't I... Why me Nikolai?" You mumbled out between choked sobs.

"God hurts his best soldier, I don't know why, he just does Y/N. But you're strong and more than capable of getting through this. I may not agree with the way things played out but you're free from the shackles of your old life now. Now you just have to decide if living here is for you, or finding your place in a different part of the world is."

Nikolai's words only made the tears flow harder. Your body shaking as you heaved for another dose of air. With a shaky voice you responded. "I, thank you Nikokai. You've been so nice to me, so kinda I.... I don't know how to repay you."

"Find your place Y/N. Free yourself from the cage we are all trapped in. That's how you can repay me, okay?" He said with a smile.

You chuckled slightly in between sobs, your heart aching as you felt so many conflicting emotions.