𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟗

STELLA

I didn't go home for way too long, by too long, I mean three days. But today was Sunday, so I have to go home for school.

"You can always stay here." Marcella suggested, I appreciated her concern, but I smiled at her shaking my head. She frowned and opened the door, letting me go.

"I'll see you tomorrow!" I waved at her. I entered my car and drove home. I was nervous, is my mom still there? If she is, how am I supposed to act around her? A fake smile and glittering eyes won't stop me from bursting out and screaming at her.

I parked my car in the garage, I looked up at the old-victorian house that I used to call home once. It doesn't feel like home anymore.

I opened the French doors, the house was silent. Only heels clicked on the floor, making me bite my lip to stop my breath from heaving. "Oh dear, where have you been?" Our maid comes up to me. She was the one wearing heels.

"Hey, Ive been over at Marcella's." I smiled politely, she nodded and observed me, but I held an emotionless smile. Rule number one: Never share your secrets.

"Your father has Mr.Meadows over."

"What? Meadows as in the businessman who has a son named Grayson Meadows?" I questioned my cheeks heating up. It suddenly felt hot in the room, I remembered how he stayed beside me all night and he let me sleep in his room.

"Yes, make sure to not disturb them. And how did we not know you were dating Grayson Meadows? You are  lucky girl, that young man is very handsome." When she said that my face formed into confusion.

"Dating?"

"Yes. Mr. Meadows is persuading your father to let you stay in New York. Since your father was going to let you go to LA with your mother." She muttered looking around. I stared at her, waiting for her to say she was joking.

Everything connected, it's like hell fell over me. My father wanted to abandon me, and Grayson lied to me. Everything was crashing down on me. I nodded at the maid and walked upstairs, hearing my father's voice in his office. I walked inside my room ignoring what was around me.

Shutting the door, I walked to my walk-in closet and picked out something to wear. Removing my sweatpants and hoodie, I slipped into comfortable shorts and a baby tee. 

I felt so left behind, how do I not know this? The moment I see Grayson, Im so going to murder him. This is a huge deal. If my father found out I lied about having a boyfriend, he's going to act like a child for not knowing.

I gripped the sink of my bathroom, feeling dizzy and lightheaded. My mind was full, I was overthinking and I felt exhausted. This whole situation was messed up and abominable. My phone rang and I checked, it was Lily.

"Hey, how's it going."

"It's fine." The lie came out of my mouth, I didn't need anyone to worry.

"When you say it's fine, it's the opposite. It's okay to feel Stella."

"Lily, I'll tell you tomorrow in school." I lied again.

"Hey, Stella, just please never forget we're here for you. I love you. Goodbye."

"Me too. Bye." I croaked out, feeling tears gather in my eyes. My whole life was based on a lie, I'm always saying Im alright, when really, Im not. I'm sick of this. I felt like a horrible friend, they don't deserve me. I suck at everything.