Just A Muggle

Remus Lupin handed the bouquet of bluebells to Jack as he paid the old florist. Elena and Henry had invited the pair for the weekend, insisting that the journey to Hogwarts would be much easier on them and the kids if they had each other's company. Maybe they weren't wrong, Remus thought as he looked at his son.

"I don't see any houses around Dad. Where do they live?" Jack asked as he looked around. All he could see was the park and the woods around the hill. Remus held his arm and steered him away from the shop into a quiet lane. He took out a small piece of parchment from his pocket and handed it to him, "Read it and memorise."

Jack looked down at the parchment. It read: The White's House may be found at 0012 Blackheath, Greenwich Park, London.

"Got it?" Remus asked.

Jack nodded handing the parchment back to Remus, who set it on fire with a lighter. As the parchment vanished into nothing but ashes on the ground, he motioned Jack to walk up the hill. "When we're almost at the end of the path, think about what you've just memorised," Remus said quietly, "And don't utter a word till we're inside their house," he added.

Jack nodded and slowly made his way up the hill, wondering why they had to be so secretive about it. Remus came to a halt as they reached the hilltop, "Remember, what I said?"

"Yup."

As Jack recalled the words on the parchment, a ten feet tall iron gate emerged out of nowhere in front of them. 

Remus muttered a quick concealment charm and took out his wand. He tapped the gate thrice in a triangular pattern, and the gate creaked open, "Get in quick." As they made their way in, the gate disappeared and, in its place, stood several shrubs and bushes. The two-storied house was now in sight.

"Woah, what was that?" Jack exclaimed.

"The Fidelius Charm. It's used to conceal things, or in this case the house," Remus answered.

"Why don't we hide our house too? We'll get Mr. Figgs off our backs, or even better vanish his house," Jack added, grinning at the thought of the old man not being able to find his own house.

Remus gave him a pointed look, "We live amongst Muggles. Besides, Mr. Figgs isn't as horrible as you believe."

"Says the man who wanted to turn him into a toad," Jack muttered, quietly.

"That was years ago, and I wasn't actually going to do that," Remus stated, as he rang the doorbell.

Jack smirked, "If you say so," he watched as the door opened revealing Henry.

"Ah! Here you are. Elena dear, Remus and Jack are here!" Henry called, as he hugged the pair.

"Hope you didn't have any trouble finding the house," Elena said, as she made her way into the living room.

"No, not at all," Remus answered, "And thank you for having us."

Elena and Henry smiled, "Don't mention it."

Jack handed the bouquet to Elena as she hugged him, along with a box of Yorkshire's Fat Rascals, "Hope you like them."

Elena thanked him, as Jack turned to Henry, "Haven't forgotten you, Mr. White. I got you Yorkshire Pudding, as promised," he said, handing him a huge container.

A huge grin spread across Henry's face as he pulled the boy into a bone-crushing hug, "Thank you! And, please, call me Henry,"

Jack laughed, "All right, Henry." He shook his head no, "I feel weird. I'll call you Mr. Henry," he said laughing.

"Jackson," Remus warned, giving him a look, that told him to be polite.

"Sorry," he apologised quickly.