FOUR

*This is a double update! Please read 'THE RELATIONSHIP' first.*

It's Thursday and I'm finally back in my office after a long morning meeting

It's Thursday and I'm finally back in my office after a long morning meeting. I sit at my desk and rub the heels of my palms into my eyes, trying to wake myself up. I'll definitely be needing at least another two cups of coffee today.

The meeting consisted of Conrad and I reviewing his partner files - the ones that I've been revising since they were completely wrecked from his last employee. We had a couple of the other higher ups at the company in the meeting and to say Conrad was displeased with my findings would be an understatement.

His tone became very pointed with me early on and he doubted my expertise a couple of times, having a hard time believing that his previous employee would screw him over so bad. That was soon squashed when another gentleman grabbed a couple of the files and looked over them. He told Conrad that he believed my findings to be true.

A knock at the door steals my attention and I see Conrad.

"Just letting you know that I'll be in my office for the next couple of hours. My door with be closed. Please don't bother me and make sure others know not to bother me. I'll be busy."

He doesn't even give me a chance to respond before he walks away. My eyebrows narrow and I stand up from my desk, needing to get a fresh cup of coffee anyway. I peer down the hallway at Conrad's office and I see his door is already shut, the blinds connected to the windows of his office pulled down.

Heidi, the new receptionist, comes down the other end of the hall and I quickly duck around the corner - not wanting her to see me. I give it a few seconds before I peer back around and see her slipping into Conrad's office, shutting the door again behind her.

I sigh and pinch the bridge of my nose between my index and middle finger, taking in a deep breath. It was pretty obvious that something was happening with Heidi and Conrad but after seeing what I just saw I know that it's more than true.

My heart aches for Maeve. She's so loyal to Conrad - doing everything she can to keep him happy and satisfy him while he's at work getting himself off with his young new employee. It also makes me sick. He doesn't deserve Maeve, not in the slightest.

I pull myself away from the wall I had myself pressed against and head into the break room. My eyes are heavy as I fill a styrofoam cup with coffee and then I step out of the room, not adding anything to the hot liquid as I enjoy it as is.

As I'm making my way back to my office I catch sight of Maeve and I stop. She's never been into the building since I've started here.

In her hands she holds a container of what looks like cookies and I see her speaking with Greyson, a large smile on her face.

My eyes wander down her petite and tall frame, catching sight of her long legs. She's dressed in a light pink pencil skirt with a satin white blouse on top, a white blazer on top of that. Nude colored stilettos adorn her feet and her hair is pulled back in a half up-half down style.