THIRTY-SIX

Parking my car in the driveway at Lyn and Grey's, I hop out and start towards the front porch - juggling the suit I have in a garment bath on a hanger as well as my duffel bag

Parking my car in the driveway at Lyn and Grey's, I hop out and start towards the front porch - juggling the suit I have in a garment bath on a hanger as well as my duffel bag. They invited Maeve and I over to spend the weekend with them, and we all took off Monday as well in order to celebrate my birthday.

Today was the actual day, but I was excited to spend the weekend with those that matter the most to me in NY. They told me to bring a nice outfit since we'd be going out to dinner tonight, and I decided on a suit that I've had hung up in my closet for a while. It never really seemed appropriate for any of the events with the company - I figured my birthday would be the perfect time to wear it.

Grey opens the door and smiles at me. "Happy birthday, dude," he says and then steps aside. "Come on in."

I walk in and I can immediately hear Lyn and Maeve talking in the kitchen as we approach.

"...it was just so disgusting to hear. Thankfully he was already gone when I got up this morning," I hear Maeve's voice, and I'm guessing she's telling Lyn about overhearing Heidi and Conrad last night.

"The birthday boy is here!" Grey exclaims as I drape my suit over the back of their couch while setting my duffel bag on the floor.

Maeve and Lyn immediately cease their conversation as Maeve looks over to me - a large smile on her face. She quickly makes her way over to me and throws her arms around my neck. Pressing onto her toes, she lets her lips meet mine. I exhale through my nose, and I'm sure the smile growing on my face meets the same size as hers.

We pull back from each other, and Maeve knocks the tip of her nose against mine.

"Happy birthday, baby," she coos before connecting our lips again for another quick peck.

"Thank you, my Maevey love."

We separate as Lyn approaches me and gives me a hug of her own. "Happy birthday, Harry."

Noise coming from the hallway alerts me, and I turn around to see Grey coming back into the foyer of the house with suitcases and a couple of garment bags. My eyebrows narrow, and I quickly look over to Maeve.

"We may or may not have lied to you a little bit," she giggles, rolling back and forth on the balls of her feet. "We're actually going out of town for the weekend to celebrate you and your birthday."

My heart skips a few beats at her words, and I suddenly feel so emotional that they had all planned this for me.

"Are you guys serious?" I ask with a laugh of disbelief.

Lyn hums and nods, wrapping her arms around Maeve's torso to pull her into her side. "Maeve and I here planned it for you - wanted to make it special since you decided not to tell her about your birthday and all."

Maeve laughs and embraces Lyn as well, resting her head on her shoulder.

After Maeve told me that Lyn reminds her of Mallory - it's warmed my heart ever since every time I get to see them interact like this.