VIII

Let go of me, part two.

"YOU sure it's safe to put that there?" Greer asked Lockwood "I don't want the books damaged." Greer added as she sighed "It'll be alright," Lockwood assured and take the ring off the seal and start walking towards where Lucy sat.

George closes the curtains to contain the light from coming inside the house, knowing it will weaken or it will make it difficult for Lucy to properly connect with Annabelle's ghost.

Greer thought she could volunteer to do it because she felt Lucy's connection to Annabelle is too strong and it could be dangerous for Lucy but decided to let Lucy do it because Annabelle and Lucy's connection means more chance of solving this case and helping Annabelle just like what Lucy wanted.

"If she takes any liberties, we're right here, okay," Lockwood said as he handed her the ring "Be careful." He added before walking within distance from Lucy and standing up in the doorway between the library and the Living room.

George pulled out his small notebook so he can write down the information Lucy will say and he can study and look at archives to see if it can help them while Greer is behind Lockwood, book in her hand.

"It's okay Annabelle, it's safe." The three of them stand as they listened to Lucy "There's a song playing in the room." Lucy told them "She loves it, it's their song" Lucy laughed "Who's they? Annabelle and—" George asked "Shh." Lockwood interrupted "She's so happy, She loves him." Lucy smiled again.

"She's dancing to a song."

"He's watching her." Lucy said as she stands up "He wants her, but it's just." Lucy started walking towards them, towards Lockwood before she stops Infront of Lockwood and smiled "What is it?" Lockwood whispered.

Lucy opened her eyes and look at him "He's angry, jealous." Greer wasn't sure but she could see something in Lucy's eyes— the fear "She's afraid." Lucy told them.

Lucy laughed faintly as she touched Lockwood's face "It's alright." Lucy said as she leaned in towards Lockwood "Now, this is getting better and creepier." Greer whispered.

"He loves me. He loves me do you?" Lucy said as she tried to touch Lockwood's face while Lockwood removed it every time she does "You gave me the ring. He'd never hurt me. He'd never."

"We need to stop this. Now." Lockwood said and tried to look back at George and Greer "Look at me. Look at me. Look." Lucy smiled as she made Lockwood look at her but he was already looking at her "Let's just see what happens." Geogre said, his gaze at Lucy and Lockwood while Greer watched the two in shock "See what exactly?" Greer blurted

"No. Stop. Stop, please!" Lucy gasp, her grip on Lockwood's forearm tighten "Ow! You're hurting me! Don't." Lucy said, gasping "Stop this nonsense, now!" Greer screamed as she put down the book in her hand "I hate to fucking admit it but It's getting dangerous." Greer cussed and look at George.

"No don't. Look at me. Look at me." Lucy wrapped her arm around Lockwood's neck as she spoke "Lucy!" Greer called, trying to wake up the girl but cannot do anything since she was just frozen as the ice where she stood and watched in horror at what is happening to Lucy.

"Look! Stop, please! Let me go!" Lucy chokes "I can't, let me breath." Lucy said as she gasp for air "It's happening to her. George, the curtains!" Greer said as she panicked.

"Let go of me!" Lucy screamed but Greer thought she heard Annabelle "Lucy. Stop it! Annabelle!" Lockwood yelled, "Let go of me." Lucy repeated as if she was being choked and she have a problem breathing.

George finally run towards the window and pulled open the curtains, letting the light come in.

Greer thought she heard someone screech and furrowed her eyebrows
"Greer, duck!" Lockwood screamed as he pushed Lucy towards the cushion and went out of the way but it was too late for Greer. the flying chair went straight toward the books, completely hitting Greer in the shoulder which caused her to fall.