29

𝑷𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒚 𝑾𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝑪𝒓𝒚 ~ 𝑳𝒂𝒏𝒂 𝑫𝒆𝒍 𝑹𝒆𝒚

Cameron watched as the Avengers argued for a while with Hulk telling him that he couldn't come in the elevator. As the doors closed he angrily punched them before turning towards her.

She didn't show much fear in her features but inside she was terrified that he would come at her. She carefully gave him a nod after a while of just staring at each other and he replied with a grunt before directing to the stairs. She could still hear him as he kept walking down the stairs to the lower level of the Tower.

Cameron looked around the big empty room. The adrenaline was quickly going away and the pain was becoming higher with each breath. She clutched her side were now the blood was dripping down. She let out a grunt looking down at her hand now soaked in blood.

"JARVIS?", she called hoping to have a response from her father's AI.

"Mrs. Stark? It's good to have you back", the British voice of the AI spoke up in the room. Cameron let out a small chuckle of relief at that. After all those years her father kept her voice recognition for JARVIS.

"Yeah... JARVIS, where can I find an aid kit?", she asked.

"It's under the counter of the bar", the AI replied before speaking up again.

"Do you want me to run a check up for your injuries, Mrs. Stark?", he asked her.

"No, thank you JARVIS", Cameron said before heading to the small bar in the room.

She reached under the counter to find a small white box. She took it also with a towel and began searching for a liquor.

When she spotted a bottle of vodka she took it carefully and placed it on the counter with the other things. Then she sat on one of the bar stools and reached for the bottle.

She took a big sip from it, used to the hard taste of vodka, then took the towel and placed it in her mouth since she was going to need something to bite down.

She ripped open the upper part of her suit and removed the arm of her bleeding side from it. She grabbed the bottle of vodka before pouring the liquor on her wound.

She threw her head back and let out a muffled cry because of the towel in her mouth which she was biting hard. She waited a few seconds to regain her breath and trying to concentrate on something else but the pain, before she took the aid kit and opened it.

She grabbed a gauze and some stitches then she leand her back on the counter and began to clean up her wound. Luckily the bullet only grazed her side so she didn't have to do much stitching up. Cameron slowly and carefully began to stitch up her wound and when she was done she put the gauze on it and secured it with some patches.

She put her arm back in the suit and grabbed a knife from one of her boots. She carefully cut the part of the suit on her thigh were she was stabbed. She ripped it open and with the towel still in her mouth she took the liquor and repeated the same procedure on that wound.

When she was done she pulled out the towel and placed it on the counter with the other things.

She slowly started looking around herself. All her thoughts and emotions were suddenly coming to her and she couldn't ignore them anymore. She felt a small tear began to slide down he cheek and she quickly wiped it but the tears quickly began more and she started sobbing. She kept her trembling hand on her mouth as she tried to calm herself down.