Part 6 | The Photography Club

"I need a hobby. Something to do to fill the void that is college." Quinn says. You stand above the kitchen counter to continue filling in the blanks on your photography club application. "Join a club." You started, finishing up the form. "How are you already getting senioritis as a freshman?" Quinn continues to blankly stare at her phone while swiping through Tinder. "I don't know. I thought college would be more fun than high school but it's just more boring. Where are the parties?" You stuffed the form away in your bag and checked yourself out in the mirror before heading out to the club's room. "Just wait till halloween."

      You knocked on the club's door to find Anika tethering photos

      You knocked on the club's door to find Anika tethering photos. "Since when were you in photography club?" You said, making yourself at home in the room sitting right in front of her desk. "For like a week, but I've always loved photography." You took the application out of your backpack, "Do I need to give this to Kristi or is it safe with you?" She takes it and sets it aside.

      "Hey come over here," she says motioning you to come behind her desk. "Aren't these photos of Chad and Mindy just so cute!" It was the two of them sitting together laughing at the pizzeria. Sauce was all over Chad's face while Mindy smiled big. "Have you seen the photos of the fountain prank?" You ask her. "Yeah it's on the school's facebook right now," she says while pulling it up on her phone. "I took those!" You pointed at the fizzing fountain. "Damn you're good y/n," she says turning back at you. "You sure seem cut out for the club."

"I sure hope so."

"Have you ever done photography?"

"No, but I never got the opportunity to try new things. I really want to do this club to counter that."

"That's the same reason I got into photography!"

      She stood up with the paper after turning off her monitor. "I'll tell Kristi you stopped by, i'll see you later y/n." You gave Anika a wave and as you walked out of the room. You texted your mom with one hand without looking so you inevitably bumped into someone. Your head hit the wall which caused your head to ache, which then followed with a surging ringing noise. "Oh my god I'm so sorry," you apologized clutching your head. "It's alright. You room with Tara right?" She must be popular around here. "Yeah, I'm y/n." "Nice, I'm Jason."

-----

word count: 440