Part 16.5 | Dusty Booth

"Don't worry. All you two boys have to do is sit in the back of a van."

      All of a sudden there's a bang, then a bam, and screaming is heard. No, the bangs were not gunshots, but bangs. Noise of heavy objects clattering. Chad quickly runs over to protect you and Tara. Ethan tries to follow but Bailey shoos him into a room in the theatre where he clearly knew his way around. The room was soundproof.

      Ethan was confused, he thought he had "A plan." One that involved sitting in the back of a van. This ghostface attack wasn't planned, or at least Ethan wasn't aware of it. "Dad what-"

      "I told you not to get attached" Bailey says, trying to look Ethan in the eyes but he just stares blankly at the ground. "Look at me when I'm talking to you!" He yells. Ethan slightly jumps and meets eyes with his father. "What the hell were you doing in that booth with her? We were supposed to keep our eyes on the group." He says, voice gruff. "But dad, y/n is part of the-" "She had nothing to do with Richie. Absolutely nothing. And I know you sent Quinn to tell me to leave her alone." Ethan softly bites his cheek and looks at the fluorescent lights above them. "You don't want to hurt her, yet she's the one you stick around with?" Bailey shakes his head while Ethan just admits his defeat. 

      "You can choose to bail, choose to not be with us, but if it's not us, it's alone." Ethan knew that wasn't true. He would still have you. But that wasn't enough, he felt he had something to prove, something he was supposed to live up to. An expectation that was never met. "You want to end up like your mom? Carved up and never brought up- never thought of again? Be my guest." He fumes and walks off but Ethan quickly turns around and speaks. "I'm capable dad and you know it. I got Anika, almost got a couple others. And it felt- good. Just not to the people I love." Bailey just shakes his head. "There is no one to love, when there is no Richie. And you don't have control son, don't act like Jason wasn't you." Ethan shakes his head, eyes glassy with tears. "What about me?" Wayne turns around. 

      "You say there's no love without Richie, but what about me?" Wayne walks up to him and scratches his chin a little. "What about you?" He asks rhetorically and Ethan nods in response. "You're a sadistic wimpy pussy who wants to save the girl he 'truly loves' only to realize later," he steps even closer and Ethan can smell his breath- it smelt like coffee and mint, but behind the fragrance, he smelt betrayal, and disappointment. "She never loved you. Never needed you. Even if she does now, you really think she's gonna stay with you forever?" Ethan is about to speak but then grows hesitant. Wayne just gawks. "You will never be loved son, not until you take matters into your own hands." 

      Ethan just stands there taking his father's words, trying not to cry. "She takes your love, virginity, and now it seems even your life. The plan was to avenge Richie!" He yells, almost coming out as a growl. "Not to give an ungrateful, forgettable girl with pretty privilege some armor." He moves like lightning, Wayne quickly busts out the knife from his pocket and slits through through Ethan's jacket to his bicep. Ethan exclaims with a cry and Wayne only shakes his head disappointedly. Ethan covers the cut with his hand, to stop the blood from rushing out, and can't help but break down and cry. "God it's embarrassing seeing you like this." Wayne pulls a clean mask out of the inside of his jacket and slaps it on the ground. "Get Gale, and don't fucking blow it."

           You pace unsteadily back and forth outside the building

           You pace unsteadily back and forth outside the building. "Where is he?" You ask for the millionth time. "Can't you tell? It's obvious he's ghostface y/n, how can you not see it." Mindy says, exhausted by your obliviousness. "He's not fucking ghostface, Mindy! Someone go help him or something-" You say pointing at the shrine's exterior. "Before it's too late." You stood there and cried. First Quinn, then Anika, and possibly now your boyfriend. You didn't even see him before the "bang" happened.

      But luckily for you, he's alive. Just with a torn jacket and scar. You see him and Bailey hobble out of the building, and run up to give Ethan a hug.

      He hugs you back and then notices your tears soiling his shirt. "Hey, why are you crying?" He asks, even though his nose was just as red, maybe redder. You just shake your head. "I can't lose you. And not like that it was so sudden," your eyes slowly wander to his cut and you loudly exclaim. "Right, fuck I'm so sorry about that." You look at him with wide eyes and lightly caress the area around the wound. "Sorry? For what? You need fucking medical attention." Kirby comes over and side eyes Bailey. When she witnesses Ethan's blood she grimaces verbally. "You're gonna need stitches." Kirby says confidently. "What? But what about the plan?" Kirby shrugs as she uses her gadgets to contact the hospital. "You can stay with us, or go with him. I'd stay go with him, no one should be alone right now." You nod, agreeing with her.

      "So from what we know," Sam starts. "The killer has to be one of y'all. How would they know we were going to be here?" Gale nods and agrees. 

-----

word count: 900+