Chapter 4. The Final Preparations

Jungkook entered his cabin and sat on his wooden armchair which make a weird screeching noise. He was deep immersed in the thoughts for tomorrow.

"Shall a team of six people be enough? I think I'll need to expand it... But I cannot delay my journey any further...I wonder how many men Cedric has.... " He thought to himself.

Cedric.

Captain Moonie Cedric, an oldie.
Jungkook's father's and now his, most powerful and evil opponent.

Jungkook takes out a pale yellow colored map, he had preserved all this time and laid it flat on the table. It was torn, midway. Jungkook started studying the map carefully.

Cedric claimed to have the other second half

Cedric claimed to have the other second half. He had written and challenged Jungkook to find the cursed diamond before him, otherwise be a slave to Cedric's ownership as Jungkook now belonged to no existing father. This thought always raged Jungkook, and probably was the reason for his cold behaviour.

At a young sweet age, where lads and lass enjoyed the warmth of their parents' love , felt their juvenile allure, hanged out and played with their friends, little orphaned Jungkook was forced to live isolated, with his brutish, one-eyed uncle and be taught about guns, gunpowders, swords, strategies and ways to antagonize people.

He hated to feel the scarmarks of those thin scars he had suffered right from the beginning of his sad childhood.
He hated to receive the unwanted wrath of other senior pirates for being Captain Jeon's son.
He hated to act cruel with other innocent people, but he was made to believe he was born for all this.

Jungkook keenly focused on the sea routes the map showed. However he couldn't understand a single thing.

Jungkook had the first half of the map, he had fortunately found it laying unattended in an unknown goods trading market, after giving up his precious jewel studded wine glass in exchange.

He grabbed his hair in despair and banged his head on the table.

After a couple of minutes of resting, he looked up again and found a mystical stream of purple-pink thin ribbon of unknown glittery light all over the dark room, which disappeared after a few moments.

It was not the first time he saw this.

The very day he started to prepare this ship for the dangerous journey, he had been seeing this light from an unknown source.

[you can refer Golden Poison's character article in 'Characters' for a hint!]

He folded the map and went to sleep leaving the things for tomorrow.
.

.

.
The next day:

The burning orange sun had risen to mark the dawn of the day.