Chapter 6. Weeks until rest

a/n: recommended to read this and next chapter in dark mode with possibly source sans pro font for better experience!
.
.
.
The night grew darker minute by minute. Cold breeze started blowing faster, making eerie sounds. Turbulent waves constantly struck the ship. Every now or then something fell or broke or bothered. This was the usual life at sea.
However, this was new for all of them.

For days, it was a routine, Jungkook would stay in his captains cabin all day with Namjoon occasionally entering. Others were also strangers for one another, either would be at the deck doing their work or in their cabins, eating or sleeping.

Hardly did anyone interact with one another, silently doing their own work.

Their food supply was cutting off. They needed to find land soon. Not much of their days on the deck, they gradually started realising their new problems.
And eventually started to forget about their previous complications. They all were now just focusing on their survival at the silent sea.

Jungkook and Namjoon would help search the routes according to the map, Jimin and Taehyung would help navigate the ship. Yoongi and Hoseok would keep the artillery and weapons in mind while Jin took care of the food and drinkable water supply along with medical care. It was a great team. They too realised it, but couldn't help bring each other close enough.

Until one day, they all found themselves in middle of the sea. Not a glimpse of land around. Only blue waters surrounding them till miles and miles of distance. It was scary. No one has ever been through something like this except Taehyung, who knew something was not right. The day wasn't cheery. Gloomy skies were covered with dull clouds. No sunrays struck the deck that day.

All gathered at the deck, while Jungkook still stayed in his room

"Mostly there could be rain today... ", Taehyung said.

" Rain?! But why today? ", Hobi said.

" Of course, you can't have series of sunlit days everyday?! ", Jimin commented.

" But we don't even know what to do during storms! ", Yoongi stated his realisation.

" I'm sure Taehyung knows it well... ", Namjoon suggested.

" Well.....we practically can't do much anything, to be honest.... ", Taehyung said.

Everyone gasped in horror. That's when Jin enetered the conversation.

"With my saddest will, I need to inform that, our food supply may not even last a day or two."

"What?! But didn't everyone eat just enough to keep them alive?", Taehyung asked.

"Yes we did but thats the situation now....", he calmly replied.

"We can't even see land any sooner! Why are all these adversities happening all at once?!",Jimin exclaimed.

"We need to have faith and face them...", Jungkook suddenly said. All were startled.

"But Jungkoo-....I mean captain...We are already deficit of food!", Taehyung said.

Poor Jungkook couldnot say anything. He actually could not do anything. Althought it was his fault for not filling the ship with enough food for seven, he had realised it way back and thus had not eaten for almost 5 days, giving up his part to others.

He nodded and turned back ,to lock himself up in his cabin again when suddenly he felt dizzy and fell on his one knee.

"Captain!", all shouted in unison.

He immediately shook his head and stood up straight. He looked behind and found 6 worried faces for him. He felt a little warmth in his heart. Atleast his crew cared for him.

"Ah....before I go...Just one thing....You all, please call me just Jungkook....", he said, scratching his finger against his forhead, without making an eye contact and turned away hurriedly.

"Woah! I didn't expect such a atitude from him!", Namjoon said, while others agreed.

"He is not that bad after all....",Jimin said.

During the day, they could see many Albatross crossing their ship and heading opposite. Taehyung could finally predict the chances of a sea storm.

Soon the gloomy afternoon turned into a depressing dark evening. The big yellow moon was out quite soon. Heavy and cold winds blew across the thin bodies of the only pirates at the sea. By then almost everyone was aware of the fact that they need to face a storm today. They all prepared themselves mentally and physically. Soon the atmosphere grew calm.

 Soon the atmosphere grew calm

"The calm before a calamity....", Jungkook said as he looked at the dead silent sea.

Not long after, dark clouds gathered and in a instant, heavy downpour was taking place, accompained with thunder and lightening.

A lone ship in middle of a stormy sea always had less chances of survival.
.
.
.

~a/n~

Hey guys ! maybe i'll stop the authors note so that you all can have a undistrubed read...please dont forget to vote and follow!!