Chapter 31. The Final Battle- I

Jimin crouched down and looked closely at the diamond. The way it sparkled so brightly at every corner made it look magical and mysterious.

His eyes glimmered at the sight. The beauty was enough to hypnotise anyone.

He extended his shivering hands to lift the gem. He stopped before touching it. Those lines said by Poseidon ringed in his head-

"You must see it before any man will.
You must touch it before any man does.
You must throw it in the ocean before any man stops you.
You must do it for WHO YOU ACTUALLY ARE!"

He had seen it before anyone,
He will touch it before anyone,

All he has to do is, just throw it in the ocean......

Without another thought, he grasped the diamond with his palms.

There was a silence for a while.

When, suddenly the walls collapsed, the rocks started moving and an unknown source of water started filling up the cave.

He covered the diamond in his tunic and ran away to find exit which leads to the ocean, so that he can throw the gem.

I'm sorry, Jungkook.
.

.

.
"The earth's trembling! ", Ha-jun said to Jungkook.

"The Island's cursed, we must find the rest of my crew! ", Jungkook said.

As they started running away, another navy group joined them.

" Surrender Jeon Jungkook! "

"This is not even the time we must be fighting! ", Jungkook yelled, clasping a branch for support.

" You go ahead, Jungkook, I'll take care of them! ", Ha-Jun said, taking out his blood stained sword.

" Ha-jun-ssi, they are too many! "

"I'll be fine! Leave before they kill you! "

Jungkook ran away and Ha-jun marched ahead to stop the attackers.

After travelling a short distance, Jungkook could hear waves, strong ones dashing against the shore.

The sight he saw was similar to what they had seen before entering. He had probably come to the same place. The east part of the Island.

He also heard some muffled voices.

Can it be them?
.

.

.
Jimin had successful come up the cave, into the narrow passages. As he followed the cave's lighted exit, he saw many people laying there, dead.

Few were Cedric's men, few were the Navy men. The rocks had collapse on them. They were probably crushed by the heavy rock collapse when Jimin took out the Diamond from the shelf.

Too late, fellas! , Jimin sadly thought as he skipped on their bodies.

Once out, he ran towards one of the Island's edge.

He realised that as he passed through a path, the trees and plants around it withered and died. The clouds became gloomy and the air seemed stinky. There was an unknown dense fog in the air.

It this it's curse?!

He then looked at himself, he saw his fingers being shrunk to bones, his ribs suddenly visible, his cheeks sucked in his jaw.

What the hell is going on? I'm I vanishing?!

The world seemed to die. The weather was no longer tropical, but dull and sad.
.