Chapter 19 - Missing You

Suna quietly steps into the house, his footsteps muffled by the carpeted floor. He glances around, ensuring that the coast is clear. The soft glow of a lamp illuminates the room, casting a warm ambiance.

As Suna makes his way up the stairs, he notices Akaashi, slouched against the railings, fast asleep. Suna's expression softens, and he approaches Akaashi

Suna gently shakes his brother's shoulder, rousing him from his slumber. Akaashi stirs, blinking his eyes open and taking a moment to adjust to the dim lighting.

Akaashi mumbled sleepily "Hmm? Suna, is that you? Why are you home so late?"

Suna sighs, the weight of his secret life as an assassin pressing up  "I had some extra work tonight, Akaashi. It took longer than expected."

Akaashi's brows furrow, a mix of worry and annoyance evident on his face "You're always working late, Suna. It's not fair to you. I'll talk to Osamu and ask him to give you less demanding tasks."

Suna's eyes soften, touched by his brother's concern. He places a hand on Akaashi's back, guiding him to the stairs "Don't worry about it, I can handle it. You should get some rest."

Akaashi looks at Suna, his gaze filled with genuine concern "You don't have to keep doing this. Mom has a stable job with a good income. You should quit and focus on something you like."

Suna shakes his head, a determined glint in his eyes "I appreciate your concern, Akaashi, but I like this job. Now, go back to sleep. I'll take care of everything."

Akaashi hesitates for a moment, then nods, knowing that Suna's resolve cannot be easily swayed "Okay, but promise me you'll think about it."

Suna offers a reassuring smile and gently guides Akaashi up the stairs "I promise, Akaashi. Now, get some rest. Everything will be alright."

Akaashi reluctantly heads to his room, his worries lingering, but trusting in his brother's abilities.

Suna takes a deep breath, steeling himself for the challenges ahead, knowing that his duty as an assassin weighs heavily on his shoulders. He can't hide this forever

The next morning, Suna stood in the kitchen, when Akaashi bursts in, carrying a bag

"Suna, Osamu just dropped this off! It's for you."

Suna was confused as he takes the bag from Akaashi, unsure of what to expect. He opens it and finds two cups of coffee, accompanied by cupcakes, and a note. Akaashi watches his brother's reaction with anticipation

 Suna glances at Akaashi, who is now rummaging through the cupboards for food

Suna puzzled, asked  "Why did Osamu bring this? I was going  to see him at work anyway."

Akaashi shrugs, searching for a snack as he responds "I don't know. He just dropped it off and said it was for you. He didn't stick around."

Suna's curiosity piqued, he opens the note and reads it silently to himself.

___________________

Note

I requested them to change the coffee in our office, how does it taste? I know you don't like the old one. I also got two because I know Akaashi will get jealous. Enjoy it and tell me at work how you liked it.

P.S. missing you like crazy

- Osamu

____________________

Suna looks up at Akaashi, a soft smile playing on his lips "He even mentioned that he got two cups because he knows you'd get jealous. Seems like he's trying to spoil me."

Akaashi raises an eyebrow, glancing at Suna while grabbing a cupcake from the bag. he teasingly replied "Osamu spoiling you? Maybe he's got a soft spot for you after all"

Suna gives Akaashi a stern look, trying to dismiss the idea "Don't be stupid, it's not like that"

Akaashi smirks, taking a bite of the cupcake, his eyes fixed on Suna "If you say so, But sometimes, love is right in front of you, and you're too blind to see it."

Akaashi leaves the kitchen, swiping another cupcake on his way out. Suna stands there, his thoughts swirling in his mind as he contemplates Akaashi's words

He leans against the kitchen island, lost in thought, wondering if Osamu did like him. That thought disappeared as he assumed that Samu could never like him like that. Or could he?

I noticed that I accidentally posted this chapter before posting 18.5 so I had to re-upload it again

724 Words