Chapter 22 - Play Along

Third Person Pov

Suna burst into the office with a horrified look on his face. Sakusa, who was sitting with his legs up on the table, looked up in confusion. Their other partner, Ren, was also puzzled as he sorted through some papers.

"What the hell!" Suna exclaimed, stomping into the room and shutting the door.

Ren asked Suna, "What happened now?"

Suna turned his entire body to face Ren. "Ren, I don't think you want to be here," he said, then turned his head to look at Sakusa, who remained baffled "I need to talk to someone"

"Yeah, I was just about to leave." Ren quickly gathered his things and exited, wanting to avoid any potential drama.

"So, Kiyoomi," Suna said, slamming his hand onto the desk in front of Sakusa, "would you like to tell me what happened yesterday?"

"What happened yesterday?" Sakusa asked, sitting up straight and placing his book down.

"What do you mean, 'what happened yesterday'? You and Atsumu?" Suna's voice held a mix of disbelief and disappointment.

"Fuck. You saw that?" Sakusa covered his face due to embarrassment

"Well, it was right in the middle of the sofa. How could I miss it?" Suna exaggerated, clearly bothered.

"It wasn't like that," Sakusa replied, his tone reflecting his confusion as he looked up

"I hope so," Suna said, leaning against his own desk.

"I found out he had a crush on me, so I decided to play along because it was a good opportunity," Sakusa explained, trying to justify his actions.

"You sure?" Suna raised an eyebrow, clearly skeptical.

"Yes," Sakusa affirmed.

"Alright, I'll believe you," Suna said, standing up and heading toward the door. "Remember, this is a mission. Don't let feelings take over."

"You should use that advice yourself," Sakusa mumbled, picking up his book again.

"What did you say?" Suna looked at him, surprised.

"I said, 'I know,'" Sakusa replied, his voice barely audible.

Suna then slammed the door behind him as he left, leaving Sakusa alone with his thoughts

As Suna walked away from the room, his mind was consumed by Sakusa's words. He couldn't shake off the lingering question: What did Sakusa mean by "you should use that advice yourself"?

Of course, he heard it

Suna prided himself on his ability to stay composed and rational, never allowing emotions to cloud his judgment

He had always maintained a disciplined and pragmatic approach to his work and personal life. He firmly believed that emotions were a hindrance, a distraction that could compromise the efficiency and effectiveness of any mission

But Sakusa's comment struck a nerve

These chapters are slowly getting shorter and shorter, but Idk what to add on

450 Words