Chapter 33 - Healing

Third Person Pov

Suna's world spun in a haze of emotions and chaos. His heart ached for Osamu, lying wounded on the floor, but the urgency in Kenji's actions demanded his attention. Kenji's fingers pressed against Suna's neck, and a wave of darkness enveloped him.

Suna's consciousness ebbed and flowed, his surroundings a blur as he struggled to regain his senses. Gradually, his mind began to clear, and he found himself in a dimly lit room, the muffled sounds of distant voices reaching his ears.

As his vision focused, Suna realized he was lying on a bed, his body heavy and sluggish. He tried to sit up, but his movements were met with resistance. Looking down, he saw restraints binding his wrists and ankles, securing him to the cot.

"Finally awake, I see," a voice sounded from the shadows.

Suna's heart raced as he recognized the voice. "Uncle?"

A figure emerged from the darkness, Kenji's stern expression illuminated by a dim light. "Rintarou, you can't be trusted to make rational decisions right now. I had to restrain you for your own safety."

"Where am I? What happened?" Suna's voice trembled as he struggled against his restraints.

"You're in a safe location, away from the chaos at the mansion," Kenji explained. "You were about to make a dangerous choice, one that could've put your life in jeopardy."

Suna's memories flooded back—the confrontation with Shota, the gunshot, Osamu's wound. "Osamu... Is he okay?"

Kenji's gaze softened. "He's alive, the ambulance got there in time. But his condition is still critical. He's being cared for by medical professionals."

Suna's heart clenched with relief, his worry for Osamu still consuming him. "And Shota?"

"He's in custody now. The authorities are handling the situation," Kenji replied. "You need to understand, Rintarou, that revenge is not easy. It only perpetuates the cycle of violence."

Suna's eyes filled with frustration and sadness. "I know, but I wanted justice for my father."

"And justice can be achieved through all of us," Kenji's voice was gentle yet firm. "We could have done something together, as a team"

Tears welled up in Suna's eyes as he reflected on his actions. "I lost sight of everything in my pursuit of revenge."

"You're not alone in this," Kenji said. "I had this moment where I wanted to get revenge for Ritsu, but I couldn't bring myself to do it"

Suna's throat tightened as he realized the truth in Kenji's words. He had pushed away those who cared for him and lost himself in the darkness of his vendetta.

"Uncle, I'm so sorry," Suna's voice cracked with emotion. "I let my anger consume me, and I hurt the people I care about."

Kenji's expression softened, and he approached Suna. "We all make mistakes. What matters is how we learn from them."

Suna's gaze met Kenji's, gratitude and remorse mingling in his eyes. "I want to make things right, especially with Osamu."

Kenji nodded. "That's a good place to start. But first, you need to heal—physically and emotionally."

Suna glanced at his restraints, then back at Kenji. "Will you... help me get out of these?"

Kenji's lips quirked into a small smile. "Of course."

With Kenji's help, Suna was freed from the restraints that had bound him. As he sat up, he felt a mix of emotions—relief, regret, determination

"Thank you," Suna's voice held sincerity.

"You're welcome," Kenji's tone was warm. "Now, let's focus on healing.

Days passed, and with each passing day, Suna's strength and vitality gradually returned. Yet, the weight of uncertainty still pressed heavily on his mind, a constant reminder of the events that had shaken his world. As he navigated through his recovery, thoughts of Osamu occupied a significant space in his consciousness, a persistent undercurrent of worry and longing.

Sakusa's presence in the room brought Suna's attention back to the present. The plate of cut fruits that was placed on the nearby table offered a small reminder of the simple comforts that still existed amidst the chaos.

"Why are you laying there like a dead body?" Sakusa's straightforward comment broke the silence, his tone a mixture of amusement and concern.

"Maybe because I was close to death," Suna retorted, his voice laced with a touch of dry humour.

Sakusa took a seat in the chair, his gaze steady on Suna. "You're thinking about Osamu, aren't you?"

Suna nodded, his eyes betraying the swirl of emotions that he was grappling with.

"He's fine," Sakusa reassured, his voice softening. "I checked on him yesterday. He's still in the hospital, but he's conscious."

Suna's brows furrowed in curiosity. "Did he say anything?"

Sakusa shook his head. "He didn't know I was there. I came in while he was sleeping."

"And what about Atsumu?" Suna's voice held a hint of concern. "Is he angry with me?"

Sakusa's response was measured. "I haven't spoken to him since the incident. I've been avoiding it, I suppose."

Suna's voice was muffled as he replied, "If you're unsure about Atsumu, imagine how terrified I am to face Osamu."

Sakusa chuckled softly. "You know something? With all the chaos that's transpired in the past couple of weeks, I can't even remember the initial purpose of our mission."

"We're definitely getting fired," Suna quipped, a small smile tugging at his lips. Sakusa's words brought a lightness to the room, a momentary reprieve from their circumstances

"Hey Rintarou, get well quickly so you can go see Osamu. He's probably missing you a lot," Sakusa's words held a touch of warmth as he stood up.

"And you need to gather the courage to talk to Atsumu," Suna teased, reminding Sakusa of his own unresolved matters.

Sakusa nodded, his expression resolute. "I will. Now focus on your recovery."

As Sakusa made his way to the door, he glanced back at Suna, their eyes meeting in a shared understanding. With a final nod, he left the room, leaving Suna to his thoughts.

Alone once again, Suna couldn't help but reflect on the twists and turns of his life. He let out a groan of exasperation, half-amused and half-frustrated. "Why did I choose this line of work?" he muttered to himself, a rueful smile playing on his lips.

1040 Words