Chapter 25 - How about a Date? Just you and I

As Killer and Color slept next to Rue, the sun rose up. Rue struggled to open his eyes as he sat up and yawned. He was still half-asleep. He rubbed his eyes and the first thing on his mind was the time.

He stared at his mother before gently holding his hand with the watch to check the time. It was exactly 6 o' clock, he glanced at each side of the bed and saw Color sleeping on the right and Killer at the left. Rue got up slowly so he doesn't accidentally wake both of the adults and slipped out.

His mind's current obligation was to go into his mom's room and write in his diary.

When he entered the room, the diary was still on the bed. He walked closer and grabbed a pencil from the drawer before hopping in the bed and opening the diary.

He turned another page and started writing while still yawning.

"Dear Diary
          Hello diary, I've had many weird events yesterday and last night. Well let's talk about "Yesterday" first. Mom was still missing so me and dad went to the park to walk around a bit. We met our new neighbour there walking his dog and we went back home but on our way, I found mom in the cafe that he worked at. I quickly ran inside and gave my mom a hug, I hate to admit it but I started crying. Well let's skip some few parts! I think mom is cheating on dad... i mean I saw him flirting with some guy but after that we went home. I don't remember much, but I think I fell asleep. Oh and last night after I was done with dinner I went to the bedroom and someone tried to kidnap me or kill me. I Don't know, they didn't get to reveal their intentions because mom suddenly came to my aid after I screamed. I was still confused but grateful that mom was super fast. For the most part i closed my eyes cuz' mom screamed at me and i felt a bit of liquid splash on me but I didn't even think to open my eyes. After a few minutes I heard some murmuring then their was a gunshot and it made me scared. So uh...after mom hugged me, dad called the police and i was sent to the living room with dad and when we were about to sit on the couch some guys appeared out of no where and dad fought them and peirced them with some blue bones. I was shocked by this, they weren't bleeding and they stood still. Then mom came running to us and the police arrived. The police was really sketchy but anyways, they took the bad guys and left. Mom went to the kitchen and we heard some glass break, Dad got up to check and he didn't return so I followed and saw Dad running to the backdoor screaming. I didn't know what happened and I tried to follow them but I stepped on something sharp and I teared up, I check what happened and there was glass in my foot but then I heard their footsteps going to the front of the house and I carefully walked back to the living room. I went out of the house and saw dad on the sidewalks kneeling and I saw the man that my mom flirted with next to him. I ran to dad even though my feet hurt and acted as if I didn't hurt my foot. I kinda was worried about mom so I cried on dad but he was talking to the stranger and they mentioned something about some secret organization? I didn't care. But then the man looked at me and after that he went poof. I finally told dad that i had stepped on some glass and he immediately rushed me back to the house and tended to my wounds. He said not to tell mom that I got hurt and I agreed. We both knew that mom was gonna give us a first class lecture and scolding if he found out. Then we went outside again waiting for...i didn't know what we were waiting for... but nevermind that after like an hour and a half, I could see mom running to us from an alleyway and I saw that same man that mom flirted with smiling from the alleyway. I was so confused cuz' I didn't really get what was happening so I decided to act all baby. Then went inside and slept in the same room."

Rue put down the pen and sighed, he looked around and then smelt an enticing aroma.

"IT. WAS. MOM'S. COOKING."

Rue quickly got up and rushed outside, but accidentally bumped into Color. Color laughed at Rue's excitement while Rue blushed out of embarrasment. Color picked Rue up and said "You know, you and your mother both blush the same way.". Rue pouted and the two walked towards the kitchen and saw Killer cooking up some breakfast while yawning.