𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗶𝘅

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Lëy'la brings Lo'ak further away from the marui, taking him somewhere quieter, for the two of them to sit and talk.

She could hear her brothers sobs, as she was holding onto his hand, walking in front of him.

Eventually, they stop walking, before she makes him sit down, sitting in front of him.

"Lo'ak, just breathe. Everything will be okay" she says softly.

"I just.. I-"

"Shh, it's okay" Lëy'la goes in to hug him, "you don't have to explain anything to me until you are ready to."

Lëy'la hugged him, as she stayed quiet, letting her brother get it out slowly.

Eventually he sobs had become quieter and quieter, before Lëy'la moved away from the hug to sit back down in front of him.

She held onto his hand, giving it a light squeeze, "you know I am here Lo'ak. For anything."

He nods.

Lo'ak looks up as he lets out a sigh, before looking back to his sister, "I just really miss him" he whispers.

"Spider?" Lëy'la asks.

He nods, "he will never come back. And we will never get to see him again. Or the forest. Or grandma. None of it."

"Is that why you haven't been able to sleep properly?" Lëy'la asks.

Lo'ak nods, "I just wanted to sleep, and father came in and disturbed me and I just, I wanted to vent my anger out quietly. I didn't know he was stood there."

"Lo'ak, listen to me" Lëy'la says, "I know, that you miss it all. I miss it too, I know how it feels. But right now, we must think about being here. Grandma will only be safe, if we are here."

"But I do not like it here" Lo'ak says.

"Why? I though you and Tsireya were becoming friends, and getting along well" Lëy'la says.

He nods, wiping his tears, "we are. But ever since we have come here, I've been feeling.. alone. I feel misplaced and I really want to go home. I want to go back to grandma."

Lëy'la gives Lo'ak a sad smile, "I know but, we can not. Not yet."

Lo'ak looks down, "I'm sorry" he whispers, in his shaky voice.

"What for?" Lëy'la asks.

"I've caused this big problem-"

"You have done nothing wrong Lo'ak" Lëy'la assures him, causing Lo'ak to look back up at her.

"You have done nothing wrong. It is okay for you to vent, when you are feeling hurt, angry or sad. It is a normal thing" Lëy'la says.

"You do not think I'm a disappointment?" Lo'ak asks.

"Of course not" Lëy'la uses her thumbs to wipe his tears, as she cups onto his cheek, "you are my little brother. In no way are you a disappointment. To anyone."