𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Lëy'la hums to herself, as she's cutting up fish, whilst a song was playing in her head.

A song, which her father would sing to her, to help her sleep.

"And at last, we see the light. It is like the fog has lifted.." she sings in a mumble.

"Lëy'la" Lo'ak calls out her name.

She looks up at him for a moment and smiles, before going back to doing what she had to do.

"I thought you were going to spend the day with Tsireya?" Lëy'la asks.

"I am, but I have to speak to you" Lo'ak says.

"To me? About what?" Lëy'la asks.

"You and Rotxo kissing" Lo'ak replies.

She drops her knife, looking up to him, "he told you?.."

"He was afraid that he might have upset you" Lo'ak comes to sit down next to her.

"Upset me? Why would I be upset?" Lëy'la clears her throat and picks up her knife once again, looking away from Lo'ak.

"Because you didn't ask for it?.. I don't know, I just need an answer for Rotxo" Lo'ak says.

"I'm not upset" Lëy'la let's out a little smile, before she mutters, "it was quite nice."

"Oh it was?" Lo'ak asks.

Lëy'la rolls her eyes and looks up, putting her knife down again.

"The reason he thinks he has upset me is because I keep telling him that.. we can't be together. Even if we tried now, it would not work for the future, because Ao'nung is still breathing" Lëy'la says.

Lo'ak laughs at her passive aggressive comment, "I'm pretty sure him and Neteyam are getting to know each other."

"Yes but you are also forgetting, Neteyam has a boyfriend and Ao'nung is a player. Neither of them have serious feelings, I doubt it. Neteyam wouldn't have gotten over E'al that easily" Lëy'la says.

E'al. Neteyam's boyfriend.

Lëy'la tried her best to get Lo'ak to stop thinking about Ao'nung and Neteyam, in hopes that he does find out the truth. Unless it was from Neteyam himself.

"Lëy'la do something for yourself. For once" Lo'ak says.

"How can I? Mother and Father are counting on me, I can't just drop my responsibilities and be free. It is not as easy as it seems" Lëy'la says.

"So you are just going to sit here and continue to cut up fish?" Lo'ak asks.

"Someone has to. We are almost out" Lëy'la replies.

"Lëy'la" Lo'ak sighs, and holds onto her hand, "let's go."

"Where?" Lëy'la asks, trying to make him let go.

But Lo'ak was already up, dragging his sister along with him.

"Lo'ak-"