Chapter 4

In a matter of blurry seconds, Scout is out in the gardens, surrounded by screams of various students, who are hitting sheets hung up in trees, or suddenly out in the gardens too. An unfamiliar guy speaks up, it's not exactly as if Scout knows everyone, but she knows she hasn't seen this guy before.

"Wow." The random guy says

"Where- where did you-?" Hank asks, stumbling over his words.

"I was looking for the Professor. I thought he lived here." The guy replies.

Scout stares horrified at the crumbles of what was the school.

"They took him." Hank responds in a regretful tone.

There are children around whispering things like 'she's the one' and 'it's her', whilst Scout is taking in the shock of what just happened.

Scout sees all the kids staring, and then she sees a blue girl with red slicked back hair. It was Raven, but how she actually looked, not the lie she warped herself into.

"They look up to you." Hank says to her, with a small smile in the corner of his lips.

"Right now, they need you." Hank says, his breathing quickened and heavier than usual.

"That's not what they need." Raven says, before wrapping herself in her lie once again.

A car came to a stop as Kurt, Jubilee, Scott and Jean come out, staring in horror at the school's smoking remains.

"What happened?" Scott asks, running to Scout, checking if she was okay.

"Where's Alex?" He questions, a sense of panic rising in Scout.

"Where is he?" Scout adds, realising she hasn't seen him since the blast.

"Pretty sure I got everybody." The un-introduced guy says.

"Alex was closest to the blast." Hank says in a tone of realisation.

Scott and Scout run to the crumbles, shouting for him. They both stop, as reality hits. He was gone.

Scott removes his glasses and begins to cry, kneeling down whilst his head was hung low, Jean comforting him.

Scout carried on searching for him, and she could see a blurred image, that was most certainly her brother.

"Alex?" She asks, her eyes glossy and her face painted in salty tears.

"I'm sorry Girl Scout. I'm not here."

"No. No. I-I can fix this. I'll control my powers I'm sure I-I can figure something out I mean Hank can, Hank can help me we will get you back. I-I'll learn I'll train and I'll save you."

"No Scout. You need to learn to use your power and save others." Alex gives Scout a hug, as kids watched the girl, who disappeared from sight as soon as she returned the embrace.

"You can't be gone. You can't."

"I'm sorry Scout, but I love you. And Scott. And mom, and dad. I love all of you. I don't know how much longer you will be able to see me, your powers are still stabilising but I love you, Scout. Go kick some ass in my name." Alex disappears, and Scout reappears. Scout falls to the ground, her hands on the ground, her head staring down as she takes Alex's sunglasses that she stole from him earlier.

"Let's kick some ass." She says to herself, in honour of Alex, before finding Scott and hugging him. Scout slowly walked back to Hank, who offered her a hug as her eyes glazed over again with salty tears.