Chapter 1: The Start Of A Miracle

GWEN'S POV

Wahhh why am I so nervous? I should be used to this going to the airport, checking in, boarding and others stuffs when flying to other countries. But here I am standing here so nervous of flying to South Korea.

Its been years since I have last visited my grandmother and the "half"-family members there. Now I'm going as caregiver of my grandmother in the point-of view of my uncles and aunts who are half-brother's and half-sisters of my mother.

It would be challenging to interact with them as hard as understanding my life. You know how it goes with family who has gone through divorce papers.

My life may has been tragic and pathetic as it seems but this the reality that I have been escaping for the past 12 years with Super Junior. And I would be breathing the same air as theirs again after almost 4 hours of flight.

Just thinking about that made me feel light. Plugging my earphones in my ear i started to drift off to dreaming.

(Miracle-Super Junior)

Jigumkaji no obdon shiganun
odumiojyo (without you baby)
Norul mannan hu naui senghwarun
kumman gathayo (baby)
Norul chum bon sungan (choum bon sungan)
a miracle (a miracle)
Nan nukkyojyo gijogun baro norangol

Nan nol pume ango nara
Purun darul hyanghe nara (ho~)
Jamdun noui ib machul koya
Life couldn't get better (hey~)
Noui mame munul yoro jwo
Gude ne sonul jabayo
Life couldn't get better

('Til now, the time without you in my life
was full of darkness (without you baby)
But ever since I've met you,
my life's been like a dream (baby)
When I first saw you (first saw you)
a miracle (a miracle)
I felt the miracle, it was you

Life couldn't get better (hey~)
I'll hold you in my arms and fly
We'll fly towards the blue moon (ho~)
I'll kiss you when you're sleeping
Life couldn't get better (hey~)
Open your heart
and take my hand
Life couldn't get better)

Meil meil pyongbomhetton nal duri
ijen dalla jyossoyo (a holiday)
Sesang modun saramduri
hengboghe boyoyo (I wanna thank you baby)
Norul choum bon sungan (choum bon sungan)
a miracle (a miracle)
Nan nukkyojyo gijogun baro norangol

Life couldn't get better (hey~)
Nan nol pume ango nara
Purun darul hyanghe nara (ho~)
Jamdun noui ib machul koya
Life couldn't get better (hey~)
Noui mame munul yoro jwo
Gude ne sonul jabayo
Life couldn't get better
(Life couldn't get better)

You've changed
my ordinary life (a holiday)
And all the people in the world
look happy (I wanna thank you baby)
When I first saw you (first saw you)
a miracle (a miracle)
I felt the miracle, it was you

Life couldn't get better (hey~)
I'll hold you in my arms and fly
We'll fly towards the blue moon (ho~)
I'll kiss you when you're sleeping
Life couldn't get better (hey~)
Open your heart
and take my hand
Life couldn't get better
(Life couldn't get better)

Naege wonhaneun geol, yeah
Yongwonhi hamke handan geu yaseok
Dasi taeyonado
Noreul dasi mannan sarangeul hal keoya
Nol choum bon sungan a miracle (a miracle)
I love you baby and I'm never gonna stop

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went to the house address given to my mother after eating gimbap, the usual lunch of working people who have to save every cent for other expenses.

My heart was beating so fast when I was at the gate before I pressed the door bell. The lock opened, so I went inside.

"Annyeonghasimnikka" I greeted them and bowed low.

"Gosh! Don't be so trying hard to be a Korean you're just nothing like your mom." aunt's reply to my greeting.

I should hold back my temper, she's the eldest child. That's the reason I should show more respect. I didn't even dare hold my head up.

"Yah! You should be thanking that we gave you the job so do it properly, understand?" she said while pointing her finger on my forehead. I just nodded.

"And before I forget, you will not receive any physical payment, all will be transmitted to your account in the Philippines. So you need to work double or triple in order to meet your daily needs."

Then I heard someone went in.

"You're so harsh mom." Mi Na said. She's my cousin who I grew up with for almost 5 years in the Philippines. She would cry being separated from me back then. Now, who would have thought that someone who is as clumsy and a cry baby as her would be a successful PD here in Korea.

Then she turned to me, "don't worry I'll help you"

"KIM MI NA! STAY OUT OF THIS." her mother said. But she just let her mother out of the house soothing her with words of affection and it seems effective.

Then she went back. We just stared at each other at first then we both smiled and squealing we both hug each other tightly.

" It's been years since I last met you.! How have you been? Seems like the rumours of you being a look alike of a girl group member huh?" she said.

I think I know who she was referring to. Many people around me noticed and told me about that. Though I'm not sure how true it was.

" But you do not look exactly like her. You just give off the vibes of being simple and pure. If you know what I'm saying."

"Yeah just add that I look the haggard one" I said with a laugh.

We catched up a little more then she told me what to do tomorrow, since it will be the start of my work and the day that I will meet our grandma.

She bid me goodbye a few hours ago. It was almost midnight and I still can't fall asleep. I just remembered the name where I was from then I told myself just to take a walk.

And now I'm hungry and I'm just in Gwangjin-gu, jayang 3(sam)-dong. This address sure rings a bell but I can't remember what, when or who do I heard this from. Maybe I had been here, since the apartment that I have been staying is not really that far from here.

I entered a convenience store to buy gimbap and water.

Then suddenly someone who was on the phone bumped on me! My gimbap went straight on the open water drainage as if a great basketball player scored a 3-pointer shot.

I can't afford to buy another one as my money is limited. I just drank the water and crouched myself on the drainage feeling so empty because of my precious gimbap. Then suddenly, someone grabbed me away from the drainage.

"Yah! Michyeoss-eo?" said by someone who grabs random people for no reason. What did they think of me? I can understand a little of Korean. Because of kdrama and Super Junior -wait- why does it seem that I heard someone's voice from the group just by two words? Nah I'm just dreaming for it to happen.

"Are you crazy? Just because of a gimbap you would jump there?"

I can't answer and I don't want to answer him.

I just walked out, leaving him there.

Then someone held my wrist and put gimbap on my hand. When I turned around to look at him he just stared at me under his cap. He seems familiar but I don't remember who he is.

Just before I remembered where I thought I saw him, a car pulled over and he went inside it.

Whatever. Whoever is he, I should not bother, should I?

My brain said I should not.

Yeah, right I'm too tired and too busy of a person to bother at such trivial things like this.