Chapter 31: Unprecedented Trouble

GWEN'S POV

*🎶Intro of Mr. Simple playing🎶*

I was awaken by my alarm and I opened my eyes with a smile on my lips.

Ever since last night before I sleep, I could only think of the good things that could happen from now on. It's been forever since I felt this way. I was always anxious of the bad things that would happen if something good came my way.

I was humming my way out when I tripped on the box in front of our door. I'm still early for work so I went inside and opened it.

"What—"

I fell on the floor from the shock on what's inside the box.

After calming myself and recovering from the shock, I took the box cover and put it on to close the box. I put the box inside my room and went outside still trembling on what I saw.

I went outside to go to work and while I was standing in front of the door doing some thinking, a hand came out from nowhere and touched my shoulder. Thinking that it was a stalker and the one who sent the box, I quickly applied a self defense that I learned from the Internet.

I hold his hand, twisted it and put all my weight to trip him and land his back on the floor.

"OWW. WHAT ARE YOU WOMAN!?" Donghae said writhing from pain, lying on the floor.

"OMO! Donghae-ssi? What are you doing here? Gwenchana?" I said helping him stand up, "I'm  so sorry."

"But, Why are you here?"

When he finally stood up, "I'm here just to check on you. Just wanna see you and also," he leaned closer and whispered, "you know, to ask you if you have a plan for Kyu's birthday. Its coming in two weeks."

"Well, you don't have to ask me in person about that. I didn't have a plan yet since there is a pending out of the country photoshoot for you with my team, also in two weeks time."

He nodded in understanding what I said.

"But—" he sucks his teeth, " Is it just me or do you really look pale?"

My hand found it's way to my face, self-checking.

"I'm right. You really look pale! Are you feeling sick? Is there something wrong? Did you have your breakfast?" he bombarded me with questions.

My stomach rumbled, giving him the answer.

"Oh I see." he said smiling,  "you still haven't had your breakfast. You're lucky today! Hyukkie told me that Kyuhyunnie was making an unusual breakfast today. Let's go there!"

He pulled me on the elevator. "You still haven't eaten breakfast? But why are you so strong? Are you working out nowadays?" he's still making those curiously bombarding questions whenever he was with me. I'm happy that he stayed the same way.

When we arrived at their dorm, I smelled something familiar.

"Kyu! What is that? Kyu? KYU!"

We saw that Eunhyuk was seemingly annoying Kyuhyun. He was in the kitchen and Eunhyuk was hovering like he was a fly, following wherever Kyuhyun goes.

Donghae joined in pestering their maknae. And as usual Kyuhyun was throwing daggers to his hyungs when he was glaring at them. They really look like brothers whenever they were together like this.

"Yah! Stop right now if you want to eat!" Kyuhyun yelled at them after holding out his annoyance for a fair period of time.

"But why are you cooking something like this? This isn't your specialty. Whats with something like a chocolate porridge?" Eunhyuk.