Chapter 20: Deep Thoughts and Comforting Kindness

KYUHYUN'S POV

"You keep on dodging the question." then I  chuckled.

The glare on her eyes really fascinates me. I don't know why but she looks so cute when she had that annoyed look on her face.

" Hello?"

" Papa? What about him? He's what?"

The look on her face changed. It turned into something that I don't want to see in the face of the people around me, especially those who were close to me. She looked so shocked and worried on what she heard about her father.

Seeing her like that made me worry," What's wrong Gwen-ah?" I asked.

Then she left the line abruptly. I grabbed her arms. "Where are you going?"

" I think I really need to stay here. They said something happened to my father. I should go to Papa's hometown they said he was there."

"Where was it? How would you go there?"

"Just go Kyuhyun-ssi. I'll just meet you in Korea."

Then she ran finding her way to the transport terminal.

I can really feel that the news affects her so much especially that I heard them talking to the phone the day just before our flight to Manila.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Flashback

" Paparapapaaa." Gwen excitedly sang when she picked up her phone.

"How are you?"

"You really need to ask that everyday?" Gwen chuckled.

"Yes I need to. Ever since I've heard what happened to your visit to that son of a b*tch, you always said that you were okay. Who knows what day you'll not be okay?"

"You really have to call him that?" she laughed again,  "We don't even know his reasons. Besides I understand him. So I'm okay."

"Are you sure? You're really okay?"

"Yes," and she enthusiastically nodded.

"By the way tomorrow will be your flight, right? Ohhhh, I'm so excited to see you and your handsome boy—"

"Boss. My handsome bosses." she cut her father and her father laughed.

"Your handsome BOSSES." he put a sarcastic emphasis on the word 'bosses' then laughed again.

"You once mentioned about something like—what was that called? Tteokkboki?"

"What about tteokkboki?"

"You mentioned that he really likes that right? According to my research—"

Gwen laughed out loud, "Really you researched?"

Her father also laughed, "Yes, so according to my research, it is a popular street food in Korea. When you and Mr. Cho Kyuhyun came here I'll let him have a tour featuring Pinoy Street foods. Will that be okay?"

I'm really interested on the street foods in the Philippines. It's great that her father considered my love for tteokkboki and other Korean street foods.

" Uhmm Pa, but I think we'll do that next time."

"Why? What's the matter?"

"You know they're busy as idols and entertainers. They should fly back to Korea immediately after the concert."